Approved Newly diagnosed? Want to talk?

gclamb

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hello!

I am doing research for Diabetes UK to try and engage more people with their services and find out what help and support people want. We really want to speak to people newly diagnosed to find out what type of support they would like to see and what would really help them in a difficult time.

If you want to maybe chat with us, which would be great! - you can email me ([email protected]) or call me on 020 7735 8040 / 07508 890 931:)

Georgie

gclamb

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I don't believe this person is for real.
Sorry Carol. My company has been commissioned by Diabetes UK to look into their Type 2 Together support groups and find out what is working and what people would like to see more of, so your input would be great. Thank you.

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Diabetes UK can do two things:
1) Quit promoting the starchy carbs
2) Quit stabbing people with diabetes in the back e.g. telling the Daily Mail that we alone will bankrupt the NHS.

Reactions: 2 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
As the other posters say, DUK need to stop promoting the "starchy carbs with every meal" mantra
also
The claim that there is no long term low carb diet experience : baloney How was diabetes treated before oral meds ?
Answer : low carb diets!

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

siren6214

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working 17-hour days, being told I can't do something, bigots.
I realize this is a big "want" but being diagnosed 2-weeks ago it was only natural to google "type 2 diabetes cure" ... The most recent article I could find about cure efforts for Type 2 was from 2013. I realize the politics of "cures" but it would be nice if there was transparency when it came to knowing where the money goes when it comes towards developing such a thing. It seems most of it goes towards treatments instead -- from what I've gathered. So many impossible things have been accomplished in just the last two decades that I don't find it unrealistic that a cure exists -- but even if it doesn't, receiving updates about what's being attempted would provide hope... and that's like dangling a proverbial "low carb carrot" in front of me right now.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Don't forget you can chat with Georgie by email or phone, her contact details are in her opening post.