Newly GD but haven't spoken to health professional yet.

funshine77

Hi

I am 25 weeks.

I had a phone message left asking me to attend an appointment on Wednesday as, following a glucose test, I have GD.

Wednesday seems forever away and I'm scared to eat anything in case I harm the baby.

Any suggestions of what to eat before Wednesday?

Thank you!

Loufletcher87

Hi there

I had the same thing...called on Monday just gonna and no appointment until next Wednesday!

I called the midwife as I felt very apprehensive.

She recommended googling low gi foods and also said try to eat in an old fashioned way....a bit like a 1950 diet. So for dinner, meat 2 veg and some potatoes.

She did also say if you fancy a cooked breakfast go ahead just don't dry it and have a small portion.

Avoid fruit juices like orange and apple juice but the actual fruit is ok.

I've been eating shedded wheat for breakfast! Not much fun but when I told her I had this with a banana she said that was perfect, just remember to have a snack 2-3 hours later.

When you google low GI just remember that we are no allowed to "diet"

I had a per pregnancy bmi of 33 but had lost 3 stone prior to conception and my midwife is not overly concerned about weight.

All of this is what the diabetes midwife said to me, so it's not my opinion or anything. I don't know about you but the hardest thing is the speculations and opinions a come across online!

I guess we will have to wait and see next week....Hope that this helps a bit tho :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App