newly informing dvla :(

frith1988

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Brilliant :) right I shall sit back now and wait to see what the dvla say thanks for all the info, you have put my mind at ease a little not so worried now :)

Reactions: 2 people

frith1988

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just an update guys received letter from dvla saying that they are issuing me with a 3 year license so everything is okay!!! No problems what so ever I'm so happy feel like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders x

Reactions: 7 people

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Just an update guys received letter from dvla saying that they are issuing me with a 3 year license so everything is okay!!! No problems what so ever I'm so happy feel like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders x

Everyt'ing be cool running!

frith1988

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I sent my license back along with sig ed declaration saying I agree to 3 year license rang dvla to ask how long it will take to receive my license and they haven't received my stuff through the post sounds like it's got lost :( so now gotta wait another 2 weeks to receive the forms through post to send back and they said it can take up to 8 weeks to get my new license through!!!! So mad as I need my license for work. How long has it took you guys to receive your license back after sending it off along with signed declaration as I'm hoping it won't take 8 weeks

frith1988

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And also does anyone know if your driver license number changes? Thank you x

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
And also does anyone know if your driver license number changes? Thank you x
Licence number stays the same :)
Always when dealing with large organisations esp government depts. send by recorded delivery.

denbo

Always send mine recorded delivery as ya know then it's got b signed for it's the best way as I'm renewin mine and it's been quick gettin replies bk

frith1988

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The dvla are confusing me now :( I've received an e mail from them because I asked about my license and they said that they are just waiting for the signed form to be received and when they receive that it can 2 weeks to be put on my case and they may require further information! ! I do t understand as the letter they sent me said that they was issuing me with a 3 year license and to send the declaration form back saying that I agree to it??? I do t understand how they can send me a letter saying that and they e mail saying g they might require more info when they have the declaration?? I am going out of my mind with worry has anyone ever had this before :(

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The dvla are confusing me now :( I've received an e mail from them because I asked about my license and they said that they are just waiting for the signed form to be received and when they receive that it can 2 weeks to be put on my case and they may require further information! ! I do t understand as the letter they sent me said that they was issuing me with a 3 year license and to send the declaration form back saying that I agree to it??? I do t understand how they can send me a letter saying that and they e mail saying g they might require more info when they have the declaration?? I am going out of my mind with worry has anyone ever had this before :(

Frith,
Having read through this thread again, have you actually spoken to anyone at DVLA? I think you can accomplish a lot more over the phone than you can in letters and e-mails,( and it takes less time.)

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Always send mine recorded delivery as ya know then it's got b signed for it's the best way as I'm renewin mine and it's been quick gettin replies bk

Don't want to worry you, but Royal Mail lose a significant number of 'signed for' letters as well as ordinary mail.

frith1988

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah I spoke to dvla and they said that they are just waiting for my declaration and can then take up to 8 weeks to receive through the post. I wanted to ask them another question after I put the phone down but couldn't get through as lines were to busy so just thought I would send an e mail I just asked them if they could confirm that when they have received my declaration will that be it and will they then post my license and that's when they replied with the above. I just don't understand how they can ask me to sign a declaration form saying that I agree to a 3 year license and then tell me that they may require more info when they receive it? Have u ever had to sign the declaration form? If so from your experience does that mean everything is okay? Sorry if I'm sou ding thick but this is my first time dealing with the dvla for medical reasons and I just can't get my head round people telling me different things x

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I just don't understand how they can ask me to sign a declaration form saying that I agree to a 3 year license and then tell me that they may require more info when they receive it?
A 3 yr licence is the max you can have at the moment, but if they not happy with your replies further medical checks will be made which could then result in a loss of licence or a yearly licence.
You are still allowed to drive though until or unless you are told by letter that your licence has been revoked.

frith1988

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok thank you there shouldn't really be any reason why I won't get it (I hope) I'm so inpatient lol