ChrisMaleType1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi! Firstly, are other people using the recently setup medtronic website
https://shop.medtronic-diabetes.co.uk
?
It's a way of ordering nhs supplies (and additional paid for supples) instead of calling them. I can't log in properly on my pc browsers it comes up with a blank box. I can only properly do it on my mobile.
Anyway, you can now order 6 months supplies instead of the usual 3 which is great I think. Is it the same for everyone else?

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
The idea of ordering 6 months of supplies fills me with horror
A where would you store them?
B What happens if you find the cannulas you have ordered no longer suit your needs?
C who is going to insure that lot if God forbid you had a house fire. (1 box of cannulas is about £100)

ChrisMaleType1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
C. There's not going to be a housefire.
B. I've been using the same cannula for about 1 and half years and counting.
A. I live in a house so I have plenty of room but I don't think it really takes up much space.

Reactions: 4 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
C. There's not going to be a housefire.
Hello Mystic Meg nice to meet you :)
Obviously I hope nobody ever has to go through one.

I used the same cannulas for 3 years then had problems with absorption so had to change. It's not a done thing that everything stays the same unfortunately.

ChrisMaleType1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't think there's any risk of a fire. I've got many other possessions that I wouldn't want to lose. It might happen, yes, but probably only once in a lifetime.

I admit the cannula issue is a risk. I tend to be quite slim and I'm using the shortest cannula so I definitely can't ever see me needing a longer one! I'm using the medtronic quick-sets which are what most people use and I hope that doesn't change. I personally like the idea of ordering fewer times because I don't worry about running out so much. Diabetes takes up enough of my time as it is. :)

I think you can order as little as 1 box of reservoirs or cannulas if you want. I would just order the number you feel happy with!!

Reactions: 2 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I don't think there's any risk of a fire. I've got many other possessions that I wouldn't want to lose. It might happen, yes, but probably only once in a lifetime.

I admit the cannula issue is a risk. I tend to be quite slim and I'm using the shortest cannula so I definitely can't ever see me needing a longer one! I'm using the medtronic quick-sets which are what most people use and I hope that doesn't change. I personally like the idea of ordering fewer times because I don't worry about running out so much. Diabetes takes up enough of my time as it is. :)

I think you can order as little as 1 box of reservoirs or cannulas if you want. I would just order the number you feel happy with!!
I'm in Cornwall and have been told that we can only order every 3 months. I just make sure I order when the last box of cannulas are opened, no worries if a delay in the order then. :)

ChrisMaleType1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's fine. I'm just saying the website may give other people flexibility to order more or less, or when you can't get to the phone, and that must surely be a positive thing.

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Thanks Christopher. Agree, sometimes this minimalist approach to ordering annoys me as every time people have to re-order things on a regular basis it costs money so there's the other side of waste. Same with repeat prescriptions IMHO.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Be aware though for those due for upgrades with their pumps....

I know mine was an accuchek upgrade but every single thing is different. I ran my supplies down and had very little left over.. Just enough if I have to re use the old pump.

I would normally keep a good 2 or 3 boxes in my large ottoman box at end of the bed... Its worth it for me as it just keeps me reassured that I will never run out.

However, the Insight pump only originally came with plastic sets so now the metal ones are just starting to become available I will have to run the pladtic ones down as NHS money is gold.. And don't want to waste it.

Just be wary of over ordering if you are due this year for a new pump...

Stefano

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, did you ring medtronic for the problem with the browser? I had the same issue and they have been extremely supportive. I remember they connected me with the customer service in USA and they solved it immediately. They told me step by step what to do with my computer and they didn't close the call till I was sure it was working. Really impressed. I also always order through the site but I tend to order 3 packs because of space issues.

ChrisMaleType1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I sent a few emails to them, they responded and said they'd get back to me once it was solved, haven't heard back from them since. No reflection on their customer service because it's normally excellent. I might call them sometime but do you know how it was solved? I'm using Chrome but Mozilla Opera doesn't work either.

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was only signed up for the online store last week so haven't ordered yet.

I did notice that I could order up to 6 months worth though.

The store seemed to work ok for me in Firefox but didn't go through the order process.

Stefano

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I'm not a computer expert. If I remember well there was some problem with the Java version uploaded. They helped me in uploading the right one and waited to see if it worked.

Last edited by a moderator: