NHS SCOTLAND

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
nhs scotland have a web site under "my diabetes my way" register and you will have access
to your diabetic readings and results don't know if any other nhs area has this facility or not !

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A

Avocado Sevenfold

nhs scotland have a web site under "my diabetes my way" register and you will have access
to your diabetic readings and results don't know if any other nhs area has this facility or not !
The good thing about this is that we can check our results before visiting nursie. Forewarned is forearmed!

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My Diabetes My Way is pretty good; the site is quite clumsy - but all the information is there which is decent!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What @bulkbiker said above is correct. NHS England has advised all surgeries to put coded test results, consultations, and many other interesting features on line, and most seem to have complied with it. My own surgery has. I can see all my blood test results for whatever reason they were taken back several years, plus (believe it or not) all my immunisations back to 1948 apart from a gap somewhere in the middle, my blood pressure checks, weight, and other bits, all in text and also in graph form, plus a list of illnesses and injuries I've had in the past including a broken leg in 1952. It is remarkable what information it gives.

Mine is via Patient Access and required me to complete a registration form at the surgery along with various pieces of ID followed by an agreement signature of a GP. I can now access it with my own passwords anytime I wish. On my last HbA1c and other blood tests, I had the blood taken one morning and they were up on the screen the following morning.

A

asparagusp

NHS Scotland has taken the access one step further. There you do not have to go via the doctor.
I noticed in Scotland though that when I found myself out of medication unexpectedly, I went to Boots and although i am on the computer system in Boots, London, not so in Boots, Scotland! zzz How silly!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
NHS Scotland has taken the access one step further. There you do not have to go via the doctor.
I noticed in Scotland though that when I found myself out of medication unexpectedly, I went to Boots and although i am on the computer system in Boots, London, not so in Boots, Scotland! zzz How silly!

Maybe the information on the Scottish one is not as detailed as the English one as it seems to relate only to diabetes issues. The English one contains information about every disease and illness or injury sustained, including a list of the reasons why you visited a GP and the diagnosis. There will be many people the GP deems unsuitable for reading some of the information as it may contain information they were not fully aware of. We are warned about this on the consent form we sign.

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
don't know about getting all your life medical history think it only gives your diabetic history
only just registered myself just waiting for user name and password details .
as far as my surgery goes i can only access for repeat medication and not to make appointments

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I still had to get a form signed by my diabetes nurse in order to register for the MDMY site. It only has medical info relating to diabetes and not anything else. The site also has advice and videos - eat carbs, progressive disease, kind of stuff.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Unfrotunately my surgery has not yet got this far and have even stopped us having on line appointments - we now have to discuss our symptons with the receptionist before they (not sure what medical qualifications they have to make this decision) decide whether or not we are ill enough to see the doctor!

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WOW so much for patient doctor confidentiality wether the receptionist works there or not they should have no
personal discusion about your health issues time to change surgery or at least ask your doctor to explain why this
happens and is it ethical to do so

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I registered for online services at my surgery and can get test results and make appointments online. I think all UK surgeries are supposed to be moving towards this.. could be wrong though.
We can make appointments - when there are any - and order repeat presciptions; but we can't access test results.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Yes. True. Maybe no need to see DN sometimes in that case.
I still need to see her to get bloods done. But it is good to know the results before seeing her - especially when it comes to something like cholesterol results which I may need time to get my head around.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I still need to see her to get bloods done. But it is good to know the results before seeing her - especially when it comes to something like cholesterol results which I may need time to get my head around.
Yes. We have another nurse who takes the blood, and we have a review with the DN later.

I was just thinking, if I had my results already, and no other problems, I would be tempted to give it a miss. Our DN is still pushing low fat yoghurts, carbs and all the things guaranteed to make us worse. I can do without that nonsense.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes. We have another nurse who takes the blood, and we have a review with the DN later.

I was just thinking, if I had my results already, and no other problems, I would be tempted to give it a miss. Our DN is still pushing low fat yoghurts, carbs and all the things guaranteed to make us worse. I can do without that nonsense.

me too.. I went and got my last HbA1c result printed out from the front desk (just before I joined the online surgery)..never bothered to contact the DN and not a squeak from them either even tho it was really low.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

You don't miss the appointments .. just take the opportunity to educate your DN with the numbers you already know .. My surgery hate the fat I now my results before I go in to see the DBN