1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Nice approvals for CGM and Looping too

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by Chas C, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Chas C

Chas C Type 1 · Well-Known Member

See extract below from my consultant, from April 22 NICE have agreed to all T1's having access to CGM. Also it seems that soon there will be news on looping too so hopefully the stronger algorithms (like the Cambridge and DIY) will be released by others. Woo hoo ............

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  2. DunePlodder

DunePlodder Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Great news!
    Big thanks to Professor Partha Kar for the hard work he's done in making this happen.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. himtoo

himtoo Type 1 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

good news ... thank you for sharing this !!

• Like Like x 1
  4. ElenaP

ElenaP Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I like the '... T1D to have access to real time CGM..' I attended a pump clinic this afternoon. My current pump is out of warranty, so I'll get another appointment where I'm told about replacement choices. Getting a pump will not be problem, but I was told words to the effect that I may not meet the criteria for a Dexcom because I'm not having many hypos. I was hoping to be able to loop but it seems that is not going to happen.

• Hug Hug x 1
  5. xenomorph2020

xenomorph2020 · Active Member

That was the old NICE guidlines. Now they offering to all T1s so once your local authority has started using the new guidelines you should be able to get it,
    I got told same thing but now NICE updated it on March 31st we have to wait for our local funding clinics to update to new guidance too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook