Night Terrors

kapes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all
Long time type 1, Night tine can still be a mystery even after all these years Generally higher than ideal at bedtime (fear of hypo) Higher in morning, not always aware of hypos at night but in recent years understand bit more about liver function
Libre is allowing me to see more about what happens, I understand low can result in high but I don't understand this, last night 11 at bed time a steady 9.5 until 0400 than steep rise to 16 No food or drink in night

Any one else had similar and what did you do to remedy?
Thank you

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Its possible it's dawn phenomenon, mine is very similar - steady or very slightly dropping til about 3am then my liver decides to "help" by adding glucose at which point my sugar level climbs and climbs until I wake up at breakfast time and take my insulin - happens a lot for me.
I've managed to get approved for a pump to combat this, though due to lockdown it got delayed (was supposed to start just before lockdown but the pump didn't arrive in time - but that's another story).
I only discovered what waht happening when I started using the libre as well.
I think some have found ways to combat it but nothing I tried even vaguely worked.

Reactions: kapes