Night Time Snacking

kevkevkev

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I'm A 43yr old type 2. I take 4x 500mg metformin a day. I got my annual results today, my HbA1c is 57 Cholesterol is 5.3 and Blood pressure is 146/100.

Never had issues like this since diagnosis and got it under control. I think my problem is after about 8-9pm i get so hungry and can't stop eating, I will eat almost anything i can get my hands on. Any tips on stopping this or even tasty healthy food to eat instead?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Try a coffee with loads of double cream. Very satisfying and satiating.

If you eat a proper low carb/higher fat meal for evening meal you shouldn't feel hungry.

Reactions: KezG

kevkevkev

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Try a coffee with loads of double cream. Very satisfying and satiating.

If you eat a proper low carb/higher fat meal for evening meal you shouldn't feel hungry.
Love Coffee Love Cream, just not sure about the combination ha. Could be worth a try though, willing to try anything!!!

Reactions: Bluetit1802

MaxRebo001

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Try adding some more fat to your evening meal, jusr steer clear or too much saturated fat, its the fat that stops you feeling hungry. Well in my case it is, low carb without the fat is like eating a salad it might be nice but wont keep you from feeling hungry. Personally i'm not a salad fan though.

kevkevkev

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Try adding some more fat to your evening meal, jusr steer clear or too much saturated fat, its the fat that stops you feeling hungry. Well in my case it is, low carb without the fat is like eating a salad it might be nice but wont keep you from feeling hungry. Personally i'm not a salad fan though.
What would your idea of a basic evening meal be to stop the hunger?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Tonight I had liver and bacon with veggies. Plenty of butter on the veggies, and the liver and mushrooms were fried in some butter. I grill my bacon out of preference. I don't eat until about 7pm. Are you eating a lot earlier than that?

MaxRebo001

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well tonight my dinner was some crustless spinach and feta quiche, two pork sausages (high meat content approx 1 carb per 2 sausages), about 100g of sauteed mushrooms and 85g of greek yoghurt as a sweet. I have 3 low carb high fat meals a day and i rarely snack between meals prior to low carb i always felt hungry.

The bonus is also shedding weight quite easily as on average i eat 1200 calories a day

kevkevkev

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tonight I had liver and bacon with veggies. Plenty of butter on the veggies, and the liver and mushrooms were fried in some butter. I grill my bacon out of preference. I don't eat until about 7pm. Are you eating a lot earlier than that?
Normally between 4 and 5 so that could be half the problem. I'm trying to keep away from salty foods like bacon at the min cos of the blood pressure

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Normally between 4 and 5 so that could be half the problem. I'm trying to keep away from salty foods like bacon at the min cos of the blood pressure

Yes, that is early for your main meal. Can you re-schedule your meals to make them all a bit later?

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I would usually stick to a slab of roast pork belly or a platter of roast meat for lunch/dinner when I am in doubt...
15350567_10154905134049445_6047706744370902244_n.jpg

kevkevkev

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Also Idea's for low carb snacks on a night just in case. At min i try to eat peanut butter (asda own make 4g per 100g carbs) on wholemeal bread?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Also Idea's for low carb snacks on a night just in case. At min i try to eat peanut butter (asda own make 4g per 100g carbs) on wholemeal bread?
Bad idea - bread is so high in carbs, and you could have a nice salad for 4 gm of carb. How about celery and cream cheese, a few eggs scrambled with grated cheese and finely sliced tomato dropped on top just before cooking ends, chunks of roast chicken or a salmon fillet?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bread a bit of a no no how about some pork scratchings or cheese..

kevkevkev

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bad idea - bread is so high in carbs, and you could have a nice salad for 4 gm of carb. How about celery and cream cheese, a few eggs scrambled with grated cheese and finely sliced tomato dropped on top just before cooking ends, chunks of roast chicken or a salmon fillet?
sounds nice except the celery and salmon not a fan of those

SHELLEB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I am hearing about this high fat, low carb diet and would like
To know, how much carbs should I be having per day, and how much fat, please. It's a bit new & confusing to me as I have always gone for low fat. Also I am getting cramp in my legs early morning. And other than not drinking coffee & high caffeine drinks & drinking more water, is there something I should do, to avoid this, please?

SHELLEB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am on 2 x metformin (500 mg) morning & evening. (2000 mg. daily) plus 1 x Dapaglflozin 10mg mid morning. Also

Adcal-D3 chewable tutti fruity twice daily.

Daily.....

Cetrizine 1 x 10 mg
Omeprazole 1 x 20mg
Tamoxifen 20 x mg
Simvastatin 40 x mg
Levothyroxine sodium 150 mcg