Nimble wholemeal bread

IanBish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After running out of low-carb bread, I thought I'd try Nimble to make some bacon sarnies with. I've looked for other lower-carb bread, such as Hi-Lo, but couldn't seem to find any. Anyway, I had four slices, with four rashers of fried bacon, and the readings weren't too bad: 5.7 before, and then 7.1 two hours later.

It wasn't all that nice, so can anyone recommend some generally-available lower-carb breads that I can try please?

Reactions: MissMuffett

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
SRSLY low-carb bread claims to be 3.6 carbs per 100g and costs £3.89 for a small loaf. I have a standing order for half a dozen a month. It's not bread as we understand it Jim but it's a godsend for sandwiches and a nice extra toasted or fried.
I don't eat conventional bread at all.

IanBish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Warburtons no added sugar wholemeal, small slices but 9g carbs so not much more than nimble which I think is 8.1
Thanks. I did try that before and may try it again.
SRSLY low-carb bread claims to be 3.6 carbs per 100g and costs £3.89 for a small loaf. I have a standing order for half a dozen a month. It's not bread as we understand it Jim but it's a godsend for sandwiches and a nice extra toasted or fried.
I don't eat conventional bread at all.
I've had a few of those. They're not bad as bread goes. Thank you.

Lakeslover

I’ve just tried the low carb food company bread which is the best I have tasted so far.

Reactions: Casfella47

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have the hovis50 nibble and really like it. It’s my go to now if I want toast or a sandwich

IanBish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve just tried the low carb food company bread which is the best I have tasted so far.

I might give that a go. Thanks.
I have the hovis50 nibble and really like it. It’s my go to now if I want toast or a sandwich
You mean the 50/50 (Best of Both)?

Claire23280

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Statins lol
After running out of low-carb bread, I thought I'd try Nimble to make some bacon sarnies with. I've looked for other lower-carb bread, such as Hi-Lo, but couldn't seem to find any. Anyway, I had four slices, with four rashers of fried bacon, and the readings weren't too bad: 5.7 before, and then 7.1 two hours later.

It wasn't all that nice, so can anyone recommend some generally-available lower-carb breads that I can try please?

Lidl Rowan Hill Wholemeal Seeded Loaf 400g​

mall whole meal seeded loaf. 10.8g of carbs . Tastes great . The slices are thick so you can burn them and still enjoy , unlike nimble which just crumbles.

• Informative
Reactions: IanBish

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I might give that a go. Thanks.

You mean the 50/50 (Best of Both)?
No it’s called Hovis50 Nimble. No idea why is 50 because it’s wholemeal I think, brown anyway and only 8.1g carbs per slice

• Informative

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That’s the one @IanBish Didnt you like it? I love sourdough have you got the link for that or do you get it locally?

IanBish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's from a local bakery, @LivingLightly, called their house sourdough. I get it sliced and then freeze it.

1715237858757.png

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you like German pumpernickel type bread try this I think it's about 3.9g carbs per slice, only 5 slices in the pack but you really only need 1
1715255246728.png

• Informative

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know it's not the the answer to question but as in my case a longer term solution can be this recipe which in my humble opinion is closest to the real thing without eggs in the bread mix (eggs for me ruin the experience of bread especially when I want to toast and it gives the eggy smell)

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know it's not the the answer to question but as in my case a longer term solution can be this recipe which in my humble opinion is closest to the real thing without eggs in the bread mix (eggs for me ruin the experience of bread especially when I want to toast and it gives the eggy smell)

12.43g net carbs per serving! I try and stick to 20g of carbs a day so this is far too high for me!

• Agree
Reactions: AloeSvea

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
12.43g net carbs per serving! I try and stick to 20g of carbs a day so this is far too high for me!
Hmm bear in mind that's 12.43 for one bun not one slice... if you were having it as normal bread slice that would be about 4 to 6 gms depending on size of the slice. :)

• Agree

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh yes of course I hadn’t thought of that sorry my brain wasn’t working ……again! :rolleyes: