no appetite

squirrel50

Type of diabetes
Type 1
well this is strange i dont understand whats happening to me,since ive been taking the metaformin ive lost my appetite ,im forcing myself to eat a yoghurt or a piece of cheese or a few nuts just so that ive something in me..when i was on the glcazide i was hungry and having hypos now im not hungry and no hypos and been checking blood staying between 5.6 and 8.1...also still running to the loo..doc put me on statins too..but they seem to be ok..i feel like im losing control of my body..i take 1 metaformin a day at the moment but next week i hve to up it to two a day..dont understand why ive to double up the dose..and dont know if i want to cos of the loo problem..oh woe is me

Jimbo1973

Dislikes
Beetroot, Cucumber, Radish, Prawns - and arrogant people that have no understanding of how ill you can really be without looking ill
With Metformin Squirrel, you have to start on one a day for a week, then 2 a day for a week, then 3 a day onwards. One of the side effetcs of this wonderful drug is the stomach nasties. It was never explained to me when I was taken into hospital, and when they put me on 3 a day at the start it played havoc with my insides. I also lost my appetite for a few days, spent every 10 mins running to the loo as well.

It will subside, and when you get used to the Metformin, your appetite will return.

What statins has your doc put you on: Simvastatin or Rosuvastatin ?
Simvastatin gave me terrible backache, since I was changed over to Rosuvastatin ive had no problems at all.

Keep your chin up, all will be well soon

Jimbo