No Energy

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@UsmanMo96

I agree with all the above, ie diet / fats / calories etc; (Long-term lack of sleep [I have same issue (+/- 3 hrs each night for past 20 yrs) so can sympathise]

The other, very important, thing you might consider, assuming you are on Metformin, is that you might possibly be Vit B12 low/deficient. Metformin is known to be a medication that CAN sometimes interfere with Vit B12 being processed in the body. Other medications, such as Antacids/ Ranitidine / PPIs (Lansoprazol/Omeprazole) plus others, can cause issues absorbing B12.

Unfortunately, HCPs (Health Care Professionals) are known to be unfamiliar with the importance of Vit B12, interpretting blood results etc so you would need to do some research yourself perhaps, in order to have a better understanding. There's a lot of articles re B12 deficiency, signs and symptoms etc which can also be due to other issues, so can be difficult to persuade GP if you need treatment (B12 injections is the only way to go if not absorbing. Similiar to Pernicious Anaemia, although PA is auto immune issue, but same problems.

You say you are due some blood tests. Would you be able to ask your GP to add test for B12 levels, folates, and ferratin? When your GP then has the results, be sure to get a print out of results and not accept the 'all normal' from the doctor.

I've been through the battle re B12 deficiency and now self-inject, with major improvement!!! Cheap as chips to buy too, fortunately.

Hope I havent confused you. It may well be nothing to do with Vit B12 but if you're not aware of the possibility, the HPCs are unlikely to be aware either :(

Hope you're feeling improvement very soon :)

Reactions: ickihun

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@UsmanMo96

I agree with all the above, ie diet / fats / calories etc; (Long-term lack of sleep [I have same issue (+/- 3 hrs each night for past 20 yrs) so can sympathise]

The other, very important, thing you might consider, assuming you are on Metformin, is that you might possibly be Vit B12 low/deficient. Metformin is known to be a medication that CAN sometimes interfere with Vit B12 being processed in the body. Other medications, such as Antacids/ Ranitidine / PPIs (Lansoprazol/Omeprazole) plus others, can cause issues absorbing B12.

Unfortunately, HCPs (Health Care Professionals) are known to be unfamiliar with the importance of Vit B12, interpretting blood results etc so you would need to do some research yourself perhaps, in order to have a better understanding. There's a lot of articles re B12 deficiency, signs and symptoms etc which can also be due to other issues, so can be difficult to persuade GP if you need treatment (B12 injections is the only way to go if not absorbing. Similiar to Pernicious Anaemia, although PA is auto immune issue, but same problems.

You say you are due some blood tests. Would you be able to ask your GP to add test for B12 levels, folates, and ferratin? When your GP then has the results, be sure to get a print out of results and not accept the 'all normal' from the doctor.

I've been through the battle re B12 deficiency and now self-inject, with major improvement!!! Cheap as chips to buy too, fortunately.

Hope I havent confused you. It may well be nothing to do with Vit B12 but if you're not aware of the possibility, the HPCs are unlikely to be aware either :(

Hope you're feeling improvement very soon :)

My b12 is normal range but I do take b12 supplements.