No longer diabetic?

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello

So I'm not sure if it's true but the nurse done a sneaky non fasting glucose blood test on me while taking sample for It was 4.8 which is totally normal as normal is from 4.4 to 7.8 or something

So I appear to of reversed the diabetes now!

So the Dr has agreed to let me have a hba1c yearly now

Reactions: Chiza30

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have an app in using that I got recommended on here and it estimated my hba1c to be 33 based on my fasting and post prandial numbers

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
wow that is great news well done !!! :)

how did you do that dear ?

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks I still can't believe it... I will be obviously keeping up the app usage and forever watching my blood sugar but in super surprised well I did the hard work though

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
wow that is great news well done !!! :)

how did you do that dear ?

Watched my carbs but still ate them trying to aim for under 150 g a day total carbs. I don't eat rice pasta or anything like bread

I drink water between meals and leave at least 3 hours between eating. And I try to get up and moving within 30 mins of eating. (I have chronic fatigue syndrome so need to try push this )

I don't eat meat or cow dairy or eggs . Only fish and goats dairy. No artifical sweeter either.

I eat a snack between lunch and dinner and a bedtime one * usually a bit of 70 % chocolate with nuts or homemade oat flour cookie. Or popcorn with tea.

Will post more if I can think lol xx

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Basic meal diary

Breakfast - refined sugar free granola with goat yogurt and frozen blueberries. Or birches muesli with goat milk and blueberries.

Lunch - either goat cheese or tinned fish with mayo on oatcakes with a sliced apple and cup of tea

Snack could be dark chocolate. Nuts. Homemade oat flapjack or cookie.I use coconut sugar in my stuff and keep small portion of snacks . Or popcorn with sea salt. Or steamed veg with olive oil is nice for me.

Dinner - fish or chickpeas or lentils or tofu with steamed veggies and olive oil and sea salt sometimes I add quinoa small amount if I'm having fish or tofu only as the other proteins have a lot it carbs in them too.

Bedtime snack from selection above

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I need the oats at least as otherwise if im like really low Carb I'm far too constipated that it makes me bleed

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
But we are all different and I have done a lot of diet research over the years since becoming even chronic fatigued so I take my dietary advice from a few different sources and it seems ok so far. Making a diet that suits our individual self is very important. Listen to your body

woodywhippet61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello

So I'm not sure if it's true but the nurse done a sneaky non fasting glucose blood test on me while taking sample for It was 4.8 which is totally normal as normal is from 4.4 to 7.8 or something

So I appear to of reversed the diabetes now!

So the Dr has agreed to let me have a hba1c yearly now

Well done. Feels great doesn't it.