No more Apidra

vlad_25

In the last month I have given up on my Apidra before meals and do only 20 units of Lantus in the evening. During the day I try to control my BG through meals , although I don't quite call myself a carb counter. So far so good my BG are in range, although I have had morning BG's at aroung 130-140 sometimes but that rarely occurs.
Anyone else done this before ? Just wanted to hear people's oppinion on this .

Cheers,
Vlad

mojo_101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
how do you stay in range vlad, are you very active or on very low carbs? or are you type 2?

for me that would not work, i can see the response to bolus ratio errors immediately after meals, so stopping would make me ill. and fast.

mojo

vlad_25

Well, I'm a type 1 and yes I eat very very few carbs, sometimes not at all. A few days ago I started out a salt water diet and it's been going great for me. I have heard that a lot of people have benefited from this diet,althought doctors wouldn't quite really approve of it, but ever since I am on it I feel absolutely stunning. Before each meal I take 1/8 tsp of sea salt with 1/2 litre of water , wait hal an hour and then eat. 2 hours after eating I drink some more water to help digestion. I eat a lot of greens , cheese , 6 eggs a day , nuts ,fruit and fish. I don't do any bread whatsoever ,I stay away from coffee, tea, sodas, etc. , nothing else but water.
As suplements I take 3x vitamin C /500mg three times a day, 2x zinc pills twice a day and chlorophyll and capsulated flaxseed oil three times a day. It's literally been working wonders for me. This is only the third day but I am looking forward to share my progress as I go along.

If you have any questions please don'thesitate to contact me.