1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Non-scale and Scale Victories!

Discussion in 'Success Stories and Testimonials' started by Tim1966, May 29, 2020.

1. Tim1966

Tim1966 Type 2 · Member

One NSV and one SV

After starting daily walking last September to aid weight loss and Diabetes treatment I have gradually increased my walking from being able to just manage a 2.5km walk at an average pace of 4kph to 16km very brisk walk at an average pace of 6.5 kph however, where I live is on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales(UK) and quite flat. I was a keen Hill walker in my youth but the top of the fells have been quite out of my reach for many years.I

I decided on Tuesday to see if I could manage my regular length walk but with the addition of a big hill added. After a bit of research I decided to tackle a fell called 'Whernside,' the highest of Yorkshire's three peaks. Not huge in the grand scheme of things but it looked extremely intimidating to me as I arrived. Long story short, I completed the walk with no problems, 9 miles, 1700ft of ascent and I was overtaking other folk as I went! The steeps, still felt steep but I could power through and regain my breath quickly after the occasional short stop. My walk information said it should take between 3h45mins and 4h45mins. I managed it 3h50mins including a long photography stop at the top!

Not exactly Everest but 8 months ago it might as well have been!

My SV this week, even though the one above is my most important one, is finally managing to get past the 50kg weight loss mark (only by 0.2kg but hey it counts!) even though it has been quite tough to keep things going through lockdown!

• Winner Winner x 8
    #1 Tim1966, May 29, 2020 at 10:07 AM
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
  2. JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

3. HeathKick2017

HeathKick2017 Type 2 · Member

Amazing! Congratulations

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook