Non weight baring Charcot foot

campbellr

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being diabetic being non mobile and in wheelchair !!
Hello,
Unfortunately have charcot foot in total non weight baring cast. Use crutches/wheelchair.
Type 2 Since Feb 2013 Insulin Levemir and novarapid metformin stigliptin. Also told new fracture non Charcot foot ! Cannot exercise.
Had got HBc1 down to 42 last test 53 June creeping up.Do not want it to go up next diabetic consultant review September told last time to exercise more (not seen by consultant) you never no who go you see ! He did not understand treatment very long for Charcot foot !
Now trying to lose weight as having to increase levemir.
Was not overweight when diagnosed.
Any ideas clinic said not a lot can be done do not want to put on more weight have put on about a stone since diagnosis, cannot weight myself now
Thanks

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

I'm afraid I have no experience of Charcot, but I recently heard about a form of exercise suitable of people unable to stand.

It's called a bodyblade. Looks like a stick, and you waggle it in a very small movement range, in a fixed position. It causes the muscles to contact and release very quickly, like one of those very expensive vibration machines at gyms.

Created by a physiotherapist, I think.

Sold on Amazon and qvc (just did a google search), so you should get some reviews there.