not eating ????

carlos

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
people with no sense of humor and take life to serious
after some general advice or just seeing if anyone else has had this problem im type 1 about 4 week ago I was sent to hospital as my bloods were all over the show high blood pressure and had low red and white blood cells and a very high plasma 224 after tests they told me it was a infection and gave me antibiotics
at the time was eating fine and drinking fluids now as the weeks have gone on the infection has cleared up but have been put on gastro tablets as I was full of gas and was starting to find eating very hard have also lost 1 stone and half I have had 2 ultrasounds one being a very thorough one at hospital today I have also been of work for 4 week and the doctor sent me to a and e last week all my bloods I am told are now normal but blood pressure 178/111 was just told that that needs monitoring
and I do feel ok within myself my sugars are still dodgy but just am not eating I feel very full and today have managed only a salad all day was gonna go back to work Monday but have decided to back to docs tomorrow but feel I am wasting there time but don't know what to do with that rambling on a bit just want to know if anyone has had anything similar and did it just clear up

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I know when I get sick or don't feel well, I lose my appetite, which is fine with me. Depending on your activity level, you don't always need as much food. And I can always stand to lose a few pounds, so it can be a plus for me.

However, things shouldn't be ignored necessarily either. In my case when I fractured my back and just wasn't eating, I dropped some weight fast and the doctors freaked out and wanted to start all sorts of tests. I declined because I knew it was because I wasn't eating because of my back and very slowly, months later my appetite slowly came back and I was fine. But I knew the distinct reason.

If there isn't a reason and you are worried, sometimes it's best to pursue it. The squeaky wheel type thing? So if you keep going to the doctor and complaining and he doesn't do anything, you might pursue seeing a different doctor for a second opinion, different doctors have different experience from different patients and might be able to suggest an answer.

It doesn't matter if you feel you are wasting their time, that is what they are there for.