Not feeling too good.

RaymondJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey there, as embarrassed as ever, to be writing this onto a forum but just generally need advice.

Last night I ate a Thai Green Curry Pot Noodle for a snack, and it's not had a very good reaction to me.

Extremely bad diarrhea, like super bad, my sugar levels are going low even though I've given insulin, for food and eaten that and I feel weak, sick and light-headed constantly. Ketones are 0.2 and I honestly don't know what to do.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @RaymondJ

Sorry to hear that- sounds like a dodgy snack, unfortunately there’s not much you can do except monitor carefully your levels until this passes, keep drinking lots of fluids as it’s easy to become dehydrated with diarrhoea, ketones are an issue if your running high levels too so above 15 is where i’d be watching them. With running lower levels i’d try and eat stuff like crackers, bread or simple soup if you have this to try and help your stomach recover

It will pass, just take it easy and if your in any way worried called 111, take care.

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
White rice was always recommended to me when recovering from food poisoning. I used to eat it plain with a bit of butter, salt & pepper.

There's not much you can do. Whatever drinks you can keep down to stop dehydrating (lemonade is good and will help keep your sugars up)