Not impressed with my doc

john ag

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,
Been type 2 for 12 months have lost over 10 stone in this time also been treated with increased doses of gliclacide and metformin which did not seem to help.Even got sent a letter from my doc stating that my diabetic control was discusting,seeing as my testing was showing results anywhere from 12--30 i kept at it to no avail.Finally my doc decided to send me to the diabetic clinic only for the nurse to tell me that i so obviously needed insulin,now my results are in the 5--10 range.
What worries me is the fact that i should have been checked at the diabetic clinic six months before and i would not have had to go through six months of hell.
Also what damage has that six months done to my body and in addition what if he had done that to someone who was more frail than me?
Am i right to be thinking my doc "dropped the ball" badly there or is a situation that occures often.

Many thanks in advance for your opinions.

Reactions: dbr10

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Glad to hear you now have the right treatment. I went thru the same process when my GP initially refused me insulin. There is a high degree of ignorance about diabetes within too many GPs and it's a lottery. Sadly there isn't a lot you can do about it other than be assertive when needed. I hope you are still losing weight thru reduced carbs. Don't be tempted to think that insulin allows you to eat carbs too freely otherwise weight gain can result

Reactions: john ag and dbr10