Great news @Robinredbreast :cool:

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

image.jpeg

col101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Think you were wise to go to a&e @Robinredbreast can't be too careful with infections (says me swallowing for of flucloxacillin too!) They can tell from infection markers blood of its all clear. Good luck and take care of yourself

redtree92

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
19 days ago I hurt my arm on a bamboo cane whilst gardening. The injury was quite large, inflamed and infected, so GP prescribed 500mg of antibiotics for 7 days. It reduced in size, but it still hadn't cleared up. Tonight, I gave the 'scab' a pick ( but it was actually the piece of wood) and a gentle squeeze, this emerged from it:-
View attachment 20693 View attachment 20694 View attachment 20695 A piece of wood, 15 mm long
I couldn't believe it, but I am so pleased it came out, it looked like something from an amature horror film lol, so hopefully now it will start to heal up and not leave too much of a scar..

:O aaaahahhhhhh !!!!!!!

Well I'm glad you found that !

Vangellis0

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just a note for everyone i have been a diabetic for 21 years and work in my 2 acre garden and always scratching myself or take lumps out of myself i found very early on to use silver plaster or colloidal silver spray i have never had a infection and my wounds heal in days as bugs don't grow in silver i apply silver and keep the dressing on till the skin heals never ever had a problem even when a fork was stuck through my foot would upload photos if i knew how [figured it out ] and i always wash wound with hydrogen peroxide and iodine pain is something else but don't last as long as childbirth here's a picture healed completely in 7 days
kens foot 31 august 2014 4 days after op.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Just a note for everyone i have been a diabetic for 21 years and work in my 2 acre garden and always scratching myself or take lumps out of myself i found very early on to use silver plaster or colloidal silver spray i have never had a infection and my wounds heal in days as bugs don't grow in silver i apply silver and keep the dressing on till the skin heals never ever had a problem even when a fork was stuck through my foot would upload photos if i knew how [figured it out ] and i always wash wound with hydrogen peroxide and iodine pain is something else but don't last as long as childbirth here's a picture healed completely in 7 days View attachment 20754

Ouch that looks sore, so please it healed up. Unfortunately because no one knew there was a piece of wood inside, it was never going to heal up, but once the wood was out, it is healing well.
Take care.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That does look sore @Vangellis0 . Agree with the use of iodine and silver dressings.
Glad you are healing well @Robinredbreast

Just as an afterthought, good idea to make sure anyone working in garden has up to date tetanus protection. Can be tested quite easily with a blood test, and long lasting vaccination can be given if not already protected by previous jabs.