Not just the Cha Cha Slide ;-)

Dazza1984

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh yeah, a bit of a cryptic title but a method to my madness....

We're all well aware of the horrible hypos but I am just curious how low folk have ever been with their BG; and your symptoms?

I am quite sensitive to insulin, only taking 2-3 units of basal and then 2-3 units of rapid per meal. Sometimes I have misjudged it and then been fairly active afterwards.
Once I went straight past the 4's, 3's and even 2's, reaching 1.7!!! I am not boasting as talk about dangerous. My hypo awareness is very good, getting symptoms when in the low 4's, but that time was just scary, not to mention bloody odd.

Muffled sounds, seeing stars, jittering, tingly skin and the sweats but all within minutes! I then overate and swung the other way; but oh how I enjoyed the cake!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
On my very first bg meter I got a reading of 1.6mmol/l. managed to treat it myself but that's the lowest I've been.

With hypo's I tend to feel hungry, sweaty and always get the feeling that I need a pee :rolleyes:

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My lowest recorded has been 2.9 but funnily enough I felt fine. Usually I will be shaking and sweating though.

Benedicta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lowest 1.3 symptoms vary, sometimes just a feeling the world is going to end, sometimes don't recognise until after I've tested and eaten some thing then usual sysmtoms as above kick in. Also take tiny amounts of insulin as very sensitive to it - unless stressed or I'll.