Not sure if pump delivered?

Sugar pie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
banana's, fake people,
I had a problem with lunch today as I'm not sure if my pump delivered the dose I wanted. Usually the pump vibrates and counts down the units but today I never felt or saw this. When I looked back into the data bank it showed it had delivered. My bs is slowly increasing but I'm not sure whether I should correct now or wait untill tea time? The pump never showed a warning or error message but about an hour later when I went to use the hand device the connection between the pump and blood glucose machine kept being interupted (eventually was ok). Not quite sure what to do? :?

iHs

Hi

If your bg level hasn't dropped down a bit within 3hrs after your last bolus, then you'll probably need to do a correction with the remote. My remote doesn't always make the pump vibrate or tick when insulin is being delivered especially when delivering very small amounts so I wouldn't worry too much. What usually happens for me is that I sometimes to forget to shove a 1 unit bolus into the cannula when changing sets, so I get a higher reading unexpected 3hrs later.

My pump is set to correct my bg levels to a level of 6 so if I do bolus, I usually wait for about 3.5hrs before doing the next one so that the bolus can expire a bit.

sugar2

Sorry, a bit late to reply now, but my pump sometimes doesn't deliver the bolus. This usually hhappens when I am using teh handset, and teh bluetooth connection goes down. I KNOW no insulin has been delivered, yet the data record shows it has...it is very annoying. I have tried complaining about it to Accuchek, but just get told to change my battereies. It is ceryainly something to watch out for...but best to be cautious as you suggest.