Not sure!

novowolf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey fellow diabetics
Very long time no see, how are we all?
So here's my dilemma... My pump warranty is up and I was supposed to have a review appointment to possibly get a different type of pump and review my funding I assume?
Problem is I haven't heard anything from my hospital since about April
I had a few appointments sent out the a letter later the same week to cancel the appointment just made.
I'm worried my funding is just gonna be cut and now my warranty is up I'm up **** creek if anything happens to my pump
Really unsure what to do and would appreciate any advice plz
Novowolf

Edited by mod for poorly disguised profanity

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Struma

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'd ring the hospital/diabetic clinic and ask for an emergency appointment letting them know that you have tried before to get an appointment but they keep getting cancelled and given the warranty is now up, it really needs to be dealt with asap.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Totally agree with Rokaab on this. Get in touch with your DSN and tell them that the warranty period on your pump is up and about the cancellations. They need to be sorting this out ASAP if not sooner

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
why do you feel that your pump funding is going to be cancelled? I am on a 2nd pump and did have to jump hoops to get it but the DSN was on my side and we were able to show that I had reduced my JBA1c (this was the reason for the pump). Unless you want to go back to a pen, your contract will run out and thus the pump people won't be sending you the consumables you need to continue to use the pump let alone what happens if your pump breaks down out of warranty.
So this both urgent and important to your DSN team. Know what you mean about cancelled appointments but you are doing to bave to push to the front on this matter! Good luck.