Not Sure

Vangellis

I had the results of a routine blood tests back and I had to call the GP, I did and was told everything was fine except for my blood sugar level which the GP said was 49. He said your pre-diabetic, but I looked online and it states 47 as the cut-off, so I AM diabetic I take it?
GP said the figure of 49 was reached by an average of recent blood tests, I have only had that one blood test, my prior test was 18 months ago.
I wasn't feeling very well about a month ago and a nurse came to my home (I am housebound due to health issues) she did all the usual tests bp, temp etc, and also checked my blood sugar using one of those things they have where they stick a needle in your finger. I asked if it was okay and she said it was a little low, and had I had breakfast. I hadn't.
I am very worried because I have COPD and Heart Failure.
So, I don't know where the hell I am, and I am worried sick. I keep thinking I'm just going to drop dead at any second.
Thanks
Vangellis.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Please don't worry too much ,your levels are not very high The blood test results are probably a Hba1c which measures the average blood glucose levels for the last 3 months .I am sure someone far more knowledgeable than me will come along with more information for you
Carol