Notable Members etc...

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi All, Was fun looking at all of our Notable Members, number of messages, ratings, points, etc. Well done to everyone of you and I for one can say that I have benefited greatly from your expertise and contributions. One question - how are points awarded and how do you know if you are getting one or near to one? Also how does one's status change? I know it isn't a competition, but just curious! Cheers/L

Reactions: Rachox

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All, Was fun looking at all of our Notable Members, number of messages, ratings, points, etc. Well done to everyone of you and I for one can say that I have benefited greatly from your expertise and contributions. One question - how are points awarded and how do you know if you are getting one or near to one? Also how does one's status change? I know it isn't a competition, but just curious! Cheers/L

Here goes. I'll tackle this one.

For the "Newbie, Member, Active Member" ladder that is governed straightforwardly by the number of posts. For Trophy Points; they are awarded for doing certain things, like starting your first thread and other milestones similar.

Don't worry, there's no secret panel deciding who gets a trophy or the like. :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yes @lindijanice my expert tag is 'likes' driven. As far as I can see.
However I award loads of 'winner' tags as some achievements from posters are outstanding and the like tag doesn't seem enough.

Reactions: porl69

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s a bit like getting a degree from some Universities.

You get it just for turning up

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looking at the notable members list I notice that some of them rarely post anymore and at least one is no longer a member. Just an observation.

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks All for your comments. Like I said I was just curious as couldn't find any explanation about the different levels and trophy points....I'm happy just puttering along as I am and maybe as britishpub says, I may get a degree for showing up:):) Cheers/L

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I don't really like the fact that someone who has posted a lot of messages, gets "expert" or "oracle". I think that is misleading for newbies especially as they could have posted all their messages in the games, or in general chat. Even if they were 'serious' posts, quantity doesn't equal quality!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I remember being shocked at how quickly I went from ‘Newbie’ to ‘Well Known’! :wideyed:

Reactions: hankjam
D

Deleted member 308541

I think that is misleading for newbies especially as they could have posted all their messages in the games, or in general chat.
There is only a post count in General Chat, but none in the Games or the Jokes sections which is a good thing.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't really like the fact that someone who has posted a lot of messages, gets "expert" or "oracle". I think that is misleading for newbies especially as they could have posted all their messages in the games, or in general chat. Even if they were 'serious' posts, quantity doesn't equal quality!

I agree. It has been mentioned before in the past when we were asked for forum feedback. The number of posts in irrelevant and means nothing other than we have more time on our hands. Oh ... and I have to keep an eye on @bulkbiker ;)

Last edited: