Nothing seems to work

joeynomates

Hiya.

I would like to know if there are other people who seem to by uber-sensitive to either medication or insulin when trying to get there blood sugar down. I have tried four different types of insulin now, humulin I, Lantus, Levemerand the latest, Insuman 25 Combi. I am swelling up and putting on weight very quickly - half a stone in nearly a week. My stomach swells after I inject and I get headaches too. Not one of these insulins get my bloods down. It is always around the 19mmol mark in the morning. As for tablets, I have tried Metformin, gliclazide, pioglitazone and sitagliptin. Side effects from those range from severe constipation, dizziness, migraines with aura, to severe gastric problems.

I am really fed up. If people are sensitive and CANNOT use meds, what is the answer? There has to be a way of getting my blood sugar to a safe level. I know I should exercise, but I was advised against it until my levels are lower. Any advice? Thanks.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Have you tried Apidra?

It may just be a case of needing more insulin...have consultants actually told you that high levels are due to your body not accepting insulin?

JennyP

What do you eat ? I find I have to eat < 70grams carbs a day. A normal diabetic diet would send my BGL sky high.