Novo pen echo with Humulin catridge?

mbudzi

I just discovered pens that do half doses and have a memory function - the answer to my current problems.

However, I use Humulin I for basal but they don't have a combined memory and half dose pen. Nova rapid does .... And I was wondering if Humulin cartridges might fit in a Novarapid Echo pen. Anyone tried /know anything about this?

Dougal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm afraid you'll find that only insulin manufactured by Novo Nordisk (e.g. NovoRapid) will fit NovoPens. They made this change many, many years ago as the NooPens were the best pens on the market and everyone was using them, but not the insulin where the company makes most of its money, so they changed the pens and cartridges so that only theirs would fit. Sorry. :(

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Agree with Dougal and it's highly unlikely that the cartridge will fit in the NovoPen Echo. There's a device that fits on the end of some pen's and it's called Timesulin(?) which does the same functions as the Echo, last time I looked it was around the £25 mark but I don't think you can get one on prescription.