Novo rapid

Dippydolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi type 2 last year got levels down to 38 but January this year slipped a disc and had surgery in May so I have been less mobile my levels went up to 78 !! In August but over the last few weeks I have been excessively thirsty and peeing a lot !! Knew all wasn’t ok so I tested my blood today and it was 33!! Went straight to my doctor and he’s put me on novo rapid and glimepiride so I would like any advice on this please

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
How long ago were you diagnosed? Any chance you could be type1? What sort of foods have you been eating? Could it be less exercize in combination with eating/drinking a lot of carbs?

D

Deleted Account

What is your insulin regime with Novorapid? How often are you taking it and how much are you taking?

Novorapid is a "fast acting insulin". This means on average (everyone is different) it reaches its peak potency about 30 minutes after it is injected and lasts in your body for about 4 hours.
It is usually taken with food to lower the BG rise associated with carbs. It can also be taken to lower BG.
It is a very common insulin taken by people with type 1 diabetes. We also tend to take a basal (background) slow acting insulin once or twice a day.

I do not know about it being taken for type 2 and have not heard about it being taken without a background/basal insulin ... but that could just be my ignorance.

Dippydolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
How long ago were you diagnosed? Any chance you could be type1? What sort of foods have you been eating? Could it be less exercize in combination with eating/drinking a lot of carbs?
Hi I have been diagnosed 3 years but I had back surgery in May so not very mobile until the last few weeks

Dippydolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
What is your insulin regime with Novorapid? How often are you taking it and how much are you taking?

Novorapid is a "fast acting insulin". This means on average (everyone is different) it reaches its peak potency about 30 minutes after it is injected and lasts in your body for about 4 hours.
It is usually taken with food to lower the BG rise associated with carbs. It can also be taken to lower BG.
It is a very common insulin taken by people with type 1 diabetes. We also tend to take a basal (background) slow acting insulin once or twice a day.

I do not know about it being taken for type 2 and have not heard about it being taken without a background/basal insulin ... but that could just be my ignorance.
Not started it yet so it’s very daunting too me