Novo rapid

parkinsonryan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Am just wondering I got told to take Novo rapid 15 minutes before food but at work doing manual labour not sure how many units to take cause carb counting doesn't work with alot of exercise just wondering if I could eat then have Novo rapid after if I need my levels to come down a little thanks

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @parkinsonryan It's advised to take novorapid around 15 mins before hand so it starts working once your blood glucose levels start rising with eating. It's a whole different scenario when doing manual labour though as you'll be burning through glucose alot quicker than someone like me who sits at a desk all day !

I think it's wise to go on what your meter is telling you though, so if you need insulin to bring your levels down during the daytime and it works for you then fine, however in your role it would be best to avoid hypos as much as possible as it would affect your work, have you spoken to your team about getting a libre, as it would help you in your role as well as your blood glucose management ?