Now that's a worry

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonder how many more Alzheimers patients will emerge in the years following this likely disaster for public health..

Reactions: Lotties

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Funny, I've just been looking at cholesterol.
The link is interesting and frightening at the same time. Are they really pushing more skewed science to push drugs?
Here is an alternate view on how to interpret cholesterol.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wonder how many more Alzheimers patients will emerge in the years following this likely disaster for public health..

Oddly, my non D mum is on statins...

She also has Alzheimer's. She was also a vegan for a number of years (30/40 odd?)
Prior to diagnosis she varied her diet. (That's kind of the start of noticing "something" was amiss..)

This was probably 7 years ago. I'm pleased to say (at least.) on her current "self chosen" diet regime. She hasn't progressed...

She does love eggs & bacon for brecky now.. (Her choice!)

The "jab?" Whist I still have a say cognitively. I wouldn't take it.

Last edited:

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Studies...
You need to listen to this before you even think about taking the latest snake oil sorry, drug.

Reactions: Flora123

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I lost my first 20 pounds (and kept it off) following Dr. Agatston's low fat low carb South Beach diet for a month six years before I learned about the LCHF/ketogenic diet and adopted it as a WOE five years ago.

I remain very wary of taking any medication, as well as the pharmaceutical industry, but there are specific circumstances when medication should be considered. Interesting interview by Ivor Cummins of cardiologist Dr. Arthur Agatston, MD...

Ep47 Part 1 of 2 Arthur Agatston MD: South Beach Cardio Special Cholesterol Demystified

And Part 2...

Need to listen to this again when I'm not distracted making dinner.

But here's the problem, most of us cannot afford the extensive testing being discussed in this video. [Sigh]

Last edited:

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I lost my first 20 pounds (and kept it off) following Dr. Agatston's low fat low carb South Beach diet for a month six years before I learned about the LCHF/ketogenic diet and adopted it as a WOE five years ago.

I remain very wary of taking any medication, as well as the pharmaceutical industry, but there are specific circumstances when medication should be considered. Interesting interview by Ivor Cummins of cardiologist Dr. Arthur Agatston, MD...

Ep47 Part 1 of 2 Arthur Agatston MD: South Beach Cardio Special Cholesterol Demystified

And Part 2...

Need to listen to this again when I'm not distracted making dinner.

But here's the problem, most of us cannot afford the extensive testing being discussed in this video. [Sigh]
Yes, Ivor Cummins pushes a particular agenda. He seems to target middle-aged executives who can afford and would probably benefit most.

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Lotties a more recent interview with David Diamond, Ph.D. appeared on my YouTube feed last night, Diet Doctor Podcast #27. Definately worth a listen.

I listened to it as I was cleaning the kitchen and was reminded of all the reasons I don't take a statin medication. Like Dr. Diamond, I remain unconvinced that statins are helpful for most people. That said, if I had family members dying of heart disease, and I don't, I would find a way to get a thorough evaluation to determine whether or not I'm at a higher risk and the best course of action, but only after researching it thoroughly.

Somewhere in the last half of the interview, he discusses coagulation problems in FH, then toward the end explains that the drug discussed in this thread lowers LDL circulating in the blood by pushing it into the cells which he fears will be problematic for the liver. Whether or not this happens is unknown because the drug has only be studied for 2 years.

For now, I will continue to make healthy choices I began five years ago. The LCHF/Keto diet, walking, keeping stress levels low, and getting adequate sleep, all of which has greatly improved my health. :)

M

Member496333

We may as well just start putting the stuff in baby formula. Better still, inject directly into the foetus.

It's all just one "study" away from reality :shifty:

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Baby formula contains unnatural fats so the development of the brain is affected - neither of my children were ever given powdered baby milk.

Reactions: AloeSvea