numb toes

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
hello its me back again to ask another question , on behalf of my diabetic partner in crime, he has started with numb cold toes and calf pain in his good leg, his other one he had full knee replacement 2 yrs ago witch hasnt been a sucess and he has nerve damage and endless problems with it, his gp seems to think its connected with that ? seems odd if his good foot is having probs and some of u i have asked b4 about impotence issues he has been expierencing he says his suger is 5.6 most times but he is on 5 metaformin a day and an insulin tablet , somthing just seems off to me any help or thoughts be appriciated xx

Crystal Lady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hello its me back again to ask another question , on behalf of my diabetic partner in crime, he has started with numb cold toes and calf pain in his good leg, his other one he had full knee replacement 2 yrs ago witch hasnt been a sucess and he has nerve damage and endless problems with it, his gp seems to think its connected with that ? seems odd if his good foot is having probs and some of u i have asked b4 about impotence issues he has been expierencing he says his suger is 5.6 most times but he is on 5 metaformin a day and an insulin tablet , somthing just seems off to me any help or thoughts be appriciated xx
Maybe the numbness is from his leg injury and not the diabetes he should really go back to the nurse and ask her more questions. The lack of exercise will also compound the problem, if he is able to go swimming it may take some of the pressure off his legs for a short while.

Adele99

If his GP has checked his leg pulse etc and they're sound then it seems more likely to be related to his other leg injury rather than a circulation problem. Has he checked his feet for sensation , neuropathy in early stages could cause numbness or loss of feelings. Only a medical professional can check this so maybe an appointment with GP in order ?

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
it seems he has to have stents in now due to his diabeties i thought somthing was a miss thankyou so much for your replies xx