1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Numbers going back up

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by DebbyC, May 17, 2016.

1. DebbyC

DebbyC Type 2 · Member

Hi there, i was diagnosed in 2013 with type 2 diabetes, i have managed well just with diet and exercise, bring it down to 5.4, now it is rising again and currently i am at 7.2. I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety 6 months ago and have been on medication but my diet has deteriorated, and i have gained some weight, and believe thats the answer for the rise in my blood glucose levels. Also i have never had a problem with cholesterol before, always been 4 - 4.2, but now it has shot up to 5.9 and i have 6 months to sort it all out with diet and exercise or i will be going on medication, which i really don't want. So any advice would be great, I am trying to watch my carbs and sugar, eating more vegetables and meat, I don't drink only tea, fruit tea or water. I do have a problem with craving mostly cake, chocolate and biscuits. Any advice you can give me i would really appreciate. Thanks in advance.

2. carol43

carol43 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

@DebbyC
    If you could give us an idea of what you are eating during the day we can offer some advice.

3. Daibell

Daibell LADA · Master

Hi. As you probably realise, keeping the carbs down is key to this. The occasionla bit of cake is OK but most of what is in the shops is carby rubbish. Better to bake you own with no added sugar, no icing and rely on added fruit for sweetness. 85% Dark chocolate is fine but biscuits are a no-no.

4. Hiitsme

Hiitsme Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi @DebbyC and welcome
    Do you test your blood sugars? If not I would suggest buying one and testing. Many here use the SDcodefree as the strips are mush cheaper. If you want details someone will post them.
    I found testing before and 2 hours afterwards really helpful with sorting out my diet. Lots here follow a low carb diet so do look at that section of the forum.

5. Just Jeff

Just Jeff Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook