Numerous Blood Tests

cearapeter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Everyone
Happy New Year from Ireland.

I have had T2 for about 10 years. It's part of my life, it does not define me. I just get on with it.

Went to the nurse just before Christmas for annual bloods (new nurse). Got letter today that I have to have more bloods next week as a result of abnormal liver function test. Now here is the thing, I've had 'abnormal liver function results' for the last thirty years as I have a congenitial arthitic condition. No one ever bothered.

Is the new nurse being 'picky'? This would be good as I alway felt the surgery had me off their radar.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thank you

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes once, mine were back to normal on the next test.
Hope you'll be okay.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How abnormal? Do you know what the test result was? If not, perhaps best to find out before you next see the nurse/doctor.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yes, happened to me recently. I had three blood panels in a month!

My serum gamma gt levels was higher than normal, the person who looked at my results for my GP recommended a retest without looking at my history.
My history has been high abnormal levels and non alcoholic fatty liver.
The last result was more than half than five years ago. My GP told me not to worry as this part of the liver function test is the least to have influence on poor liver health and all my others are within normal levels.

Do ask your GP to have a look at your results.

Best wishes

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings to you in Ireland. I was born and raised in Wexford came to the UK in 1983 to work met my husband and married in 1984 and raised two sons here. I hope you get the answers you need.