Nurse Practitioner is in my corner!!

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello All! Just back from appointment with Nurse Practitioner to review latest AC1. One in May was 7.8, this one was 7.4 - remember I have not been really serious about this whole diabetes thing! She stated "we" have a problem and more meds were needed. So I said I didn't think so!!

Proceeded to tell her about Dr. Jung and others and the LCHF/intermittent fasting, etc., etc. Long story short, she agreed that this is getting more press and acceptance here in Canada and had actually been to a lecture not too long ago about this very treatment modality! So, she has agreed to let me continue until March and then have another round of bloodwork!! I reminded her of my weight loss and keeping it off for three years and now losing weight again and getting myself off two other diabetic meds!! So we are both helpful that the Metformin won't be needed for much longer! I just felt so empowered and listened to when I left, I could have hugged her:)

Again I have to say that my attitude towards diabetes and my lookout on life in general has been turned upside down for the better due to this Forum. Thanks to all of you - T1s and T2s - I have learned more from you all in the last few weeks than I have in the past 16 years. Blessings/L

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations. I am in the United States and was incredibly lucky that my doctor prescribed the low-carb, no-drug option for me as a first line of defense.

It works, at least for a lot of people. Now is the time to apply it fully and reap the results (nudge, nudge....).

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Well done. Being proactive certainly gives you that sense of empowerment. Keep up the great work.

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, @Grateful!! I feel the nudge - just what I need:)

You are so lucky to have your "treatment team" in your corner. (So am I.) I didn't even find this forum until after I had used low-carb fully to "reverse" my T2D. But I wish I had found it earlier and you are in good company here as you continue your journey.

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good job, keep it up!! I love it when medical people listen to you and are willing to talk about your choices. My endo is like this - she knows that I am a good patient so she lets me have more control over my own treatment decisions. I feel comfortable asking her about other options and sharing my concerns with her. Thank goodness there are doctors like that in the world!

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
She is a keeper! And keep us updated. Do you have more weight to lose? There is a weekly Friday weigh in that I find very helpful.