nurse

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Ally

Glad you are out of hospital. However do you have any idea what caused your levels to go so high again?

When are you next being reviewed by your DSN or GP? Have you made an appointment?

I'm just concerned that you said that you had a care plan(?) I believe and that you have still ended up in hospital.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
donnellydogs i havn,t got a care plan yet, had a letter from gp about having one but the gp hasn,t seen me yet to get one started

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
bluetit1802
for tea i had 2 boiled eggs, 2 slices of bacon and sugar free jelly

Reactions: 4 people

Anie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you readings start to come down and stay down.

Your high readings could depend on what you had to eat the rest of the day.

As they say, 'Rome wasn't built in a day' you have to start with good foundations

Reactions: 2 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
had my BS blood test, gp will contact me if he,s worried about the readings
the nurse also took my blood pressure which is normal and she weighed me and said she will weigh me every month as the dietician won,t help

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
had my BS blood test, gp will contact me if he,s worried about the readings
the nurse also took my blood pressure which is normal and she weighed me and said she will weigh me every month as the dietician won,t help

Good news on the Blood pressure. However, don't rely on your doctor's opinion of whether your BS is OK. Do ring and find out what it was - your opinion and his may differ greatly. My GP and nurse would be happy with mine at similar levels to when I was diagnosed. I certainly wouldn't.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
thank you bluetit, i will ring to see what they are

Reactions: 4 people

Anie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You should be able to get your results within a couple of days -I can always get mine the next day. Do ring and find out what your results are so that you can think about your diet etc.

Reactions: 3 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Ally

If you've had a letter ref having a care plan then it would be advisable to get to see your GP. It is important as only 2% of registered patients are automatically entitled to be put on a care plan. If you don't want to have the care plan with your Practice, this care plan could be allocated to a Patient that does need it.

Care plans are there for you to be given regular monitoring etc and perhaps if you were on one, then you would not end up in hospital. It would also mean that if you requested a meter and prescribed strips, it would have to be logged and reasons given for refusal and you having to buy your own.

Please take this opportunity to get this care plan and see your GP or Nurse. Our Practice Nurses action ours.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ally

If you've had a letter ref having a care plan then it would be advisable to get to see your GP. It is important as only 2% of registered patients are automatically entitled to be put on a care plan. If you don't want to have the care plan with your Practice, this care plan could be allocated to a Patient that does need it.

Care plans are there for you to be given regular monitoring etc and perhaps if you were on one, then you would not end up in hospital. It would also mean that if you requested a meter and prescribed strips, it would have to be logged and reasons given for refusal and you having to buy your own.

Please take this opportunity to get this care plan and see your GP or Nurse. Our Practice Nurses action ours.

I haven't been offered a care plan, and for men, that's fine. I didn't about the meter request logging. @ally , this sounds like a great opportunity.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I haven't been offered a care plan, and for men, that's fine. I didn't about the meter request logging. @ally , this sounds like a great opportunity.

GP's are only targeted to have 2% of their patients with care plans. The GP's identify who should have them. Our Practice specified that all residents within their 9 residential homes should have the.

This is why I am trying to say that your GP has identified you Ally as needing a care plan. You are one of only 2% of patients to get this extra monitoring and planning.

They certainly should listen and log the Patients concerns and requests, and state the reasons why if they refuse blood strips.

Care plans only came in to Practices as of April 2014 and are not deemed to be for certain illnesses, certainly diabetes is not enough to get yourself a care plan. This is why, from a previous posting from Ally that I am surprised that this has not been followed up.

The aim of care plans is to work with patients, Carers etc to keep them out of hospitals and having patients properly managed in the community and avoiding unplanned admittances in to hospitals.