Type 2 Nuts

Redshank

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brazil nuts and Walnuts are both around 3g Carbohydrate/100g so are low carbohydrate.
I eat a lot of them!

Jam&Scones

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Diet only
I personally love hazelnuts - but I guess it depends what you are using the nuts for! Roasted hazelnuts are delicious when making keto friendly brownies for example ;)

I also understand brazil nuts are great sources of selenium? Great for the liver!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Watch out for peanuts, as they are not a nut but a legume, like peas and beans, and some people react to them more than the carbs might indicate (that would be me) and the carbs are rather higher than the lowest of the nuts.
I buy walnuts brazils and almonds in bulk from Grapetree.com and hazelnuts when I can get them. I have a sensitive sense of taste and appreciate the freshness of their stock.

Reactions: Antechinus

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I made a lovely pud yesterday with walnuts ,a handful of walnuts in a small microwave safe dish a square of high cocoa choc on top zap in micro for. about 30 seconds ( until chocolate is soft )mix well then stir in a good slug of double cream keep mixing until mousse like . A yummy change from my yoghurt and double cream :)
Carol

Diane_56

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Watch out for peanuts, as they are not a nut but a legume, like peas and beans, and some people react to them more than the carbs might indicate (that would be me) and the carbs are rather higher than the lowest of the nuts.
I buy walnuts brazils and almonds in bulk from Grapetree.com and hazelnuts when I can get them. I have a sensitive sense of taste and appreciate the freshness of their stock.
Thanks all of you I love Brazil nuts for breakfast I have a handful of walnuts same of blue berry's and raspberries and 3 strawberry mixed with low fat Greek yoghurt is this healthy

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks all of you I love Brazil nuts for breakfast I have a handful of walnuts same of blue berry's and raspberries and 3 strawberry mixed with low fat Greek yoghurt is this healthy
Low fat isn't a good idea as it tends to be higher in carbs.
You might need to check how many gm of carbs it all adds up to as it is easy to get over enthusiastic when adding several things. Blueberries can be higher in carbs than other berries - it depends on the variety but some exceed the 10 percent limit I set for myself.