Status
Not open for further replies.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
OK?
Understanding your initial post was born of "irony", & thus being a "defender of the test" myself. For all Ds. Thus getting the head around the day to day figures..
How's about a virtual handshake?! ;)

Agreed. :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Geordie_P - I apologise that your thread has gone horribly off-topic, and my own input may have contributed to it.

I intend to lock the thread now, in order to stop the squabbling, which isn't helpful to you.

Please keep posting, asking questions and forming your own views. You've made a great start to your journey.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I did not state 1.6 is a worrying spike, so kindly do not twist words.

Good, don't use the word 'spiking' in your response then?
And, what better then?
Any helpful suggestions forthcoming?

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
A 'spike' from 4.6 to 6.2?
Stop testing.

edit by mod -- himtoo --
you have no knowledge of the OP's history , knowledge of D , or what spikes or doesn't spike.

The OP is simply telling what has happened to him and looking for positive , constructive remarks to assist in furthering his understanding of his condition.

By testing post meal spikes we all learn what foods suit us better.
Hi @douglas99
I am sorry if you have taken the wrong end of the stick with my edit.
I was supporting a view that the OP should test , should report his post meal spike , and should receive support that a rise of 1.6 is pretty **** good.

your post suggesting not to test at all is what drew me to answer you -- with your long held experience on the forum you should know that newish members might not have your experience to understand what an acceptable spike is ..........

this appears a misunderstanding from both of us and as I don't know you but I would gladly shake hands with you as this appears a miscommunication on both our parts

Status
Not open for further replies.