Off Metformin(!)

annalaix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today I went to the diabetes doctors and he told me to stop taking the metformin for good.
My diabetes is now in good condition and stabled. Cholesterol's a little out of range but that can be sorted out with some vegetables and walking . Went out and celebrated with my family this success. Can finally eat some more carbs into my system (not too much tho! And whole meal/grain kinds of course!) and never let myself fall back into the diet that gave me this disease in the first place. Which was basically fast food everyday and takeaway for dinner. (!)

When something bad happens you either let it destroy you, define you or strengthen you! Everyday is a struggle but definitely worth it. :)

My Hb1Ac levels started at 7.9% and is now down to 4.7%

Almost a year I was diagnosed and lost half my body weight. I am on a journey to a healthier me.. But I had some fried chicken today.. Oops! Hehe. I will eventually work that off to bring down my cholesterol levels. I can finally define my body properly. Keep fighting, buddies!

Reactions: 6 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Today I went to the diabetes doctors and he told me to stop taking the metformin for good.
My diabetes is now in good condition and stabled. Cholesterol's a little out of range but that can be sorted out with some vegetables and walking . Went out and celebrated with my family this success. Can finally eat some more carbs into my system (not too much tho! And whole meal/grain kinds of course!) and never let myself fall back into the diet that gave me this disease in the first place. Which was basically fast food everyday and takeaway for dinner. (!)

When something bad happens you either let it destroy you, define you or strengthen you! Everyday is a struggle but definitely worth it. :)

Almost a year I was diagnosed and lost half my body weight. I am on a journey to a healthier me.. But I had some fried chicken today.. Oops! Hehe. I will eventually work that off to bring down my cholesterol levels. I can finally define my body properly. Keep fighting, buddies!

Congratulations and well done :)

Reactions: 2 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Very well done you! That's a huge achievement and you've worked really hard to get there. I'm delighted for you

DominicLaiYew

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list
Well done @annalaix. Brilliant news.
Hi there,
saw your HbA1c reading when you first started & how you managed to reduce it by 1/2 in a few months. Wanted if you could share your success method with me.
I am a newbie T2DM since Jan 2106 & just got my test result back today at 8.0!
Very worried ( & disappointing) how to do better as i have followed all the methods & suggestions
My BG levels were at 16-20 when i was 1st diagnosed & i have manged to bring it down with diet & exercise to a health 5.0 mmol/L.

DominicLaiYew

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list

Hi there,
saw your HbA1c reading when you first started & how you managed to reduce it by 1/2 in a few months. Wanted if you could share your success method with me.
Very worried ( & disappointing) how to do better as i have followed all the methods & suggestions
My BG levels were at 16-20 when i was 1st diagnosed & i have manged to bring it down with diet & exercise to a health 5.0 mmol/L.
Love to know your secret !

annalaix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @annalaix well done, half your body weight is an enourmous (don't take that the wrong way ;) ) achievement - congrats, you enjoy the odd celebration or what's the point!
Hahaha it was a amazing but still need to watch my diet! Thank you so much

annalaix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you so much, friends. I'm so happy and we shall all conquer this together! ♡
Have a good night/day.
All your support means so much to me and one of the biggest things I had when I was trying to lower my HbA1C was a big support system.

Cyber hugs

annalaix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fantastic news. It's a pity that the doctors keep you registered as a diabetic. Strange.
Ah yes, the sad truth. I will always be one. It'll just remind me to make healthier choices from now on! It taught me a lot too! Let's wait for a cure together!

annalaix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there,
Love to know your secret !

Hello there!
I stuck with a low carb diet for a few months, avoided bread and rice for most of the time and stuck with foods like vegetables (no potatoes). I didn't eat meat a whole lot (like now) but I ate salads with lots of fish and boiled eggs (no egg yolk) and I started to walk 30 minutes a day.

It was hard because I'm a carb/meat lover! But I think it was important to push myself into eating more vegetables for a while... My body needed it! And fruits. Berries, apples and peaches with cinnamon. I basically followed a Low carb, plant based diet for half a year. It was a struggle but all worth it.

don't be disappointed! There are many people who are sitting on their couch for hours and hours a day eating a pizza or some other junk while you're out here doing the best you can. Slow progress is better than no progress and besides, T2DM is a long process disease that should be treated slowly and carefully so it slows down complications in the future. Don't be disappointed by results, make it so it'll drive your initiative to work harder instead!

Good luck, lots of love,

Anna.

DominicLaiYew

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list
Hello there!
I stuck with a low carb diet for a few months, avoided bread and rice for most of the time and stuck with foods like vegetables (no potatoes). I didn't eat meat a whole lot (like now) but I ate salads with lots of fish and boiled eggs (no egg yolk) and I started to walk 30 minutes a day.

It was hard because I'm a carb/meat lover! But I think it was important to push myself into eating more vegetables for a while... My body needed it! And fruits. Berries, apples and peaches with cinnamon. I basically followed a Low carb, plant based diet for half a year. It was a struggle but all worth it.

don't be disappointed! There are many people who are sitting on their couch for hours and hours a day eating a pizza or some other junk while you're out here doing the best you can. Slow progress is better than no progress and besides, T2DM is a long process disease that should be treated slowly and carefully so it slows down complications in the future. Don't be disappointed by results, make it so it'll drive your initiative to work harder instead!

Good luck, lots of love,

Anna.
Hi Anna,
Thanks.I'll be working harder to achieve my targets the next test.
Like said, moments define you...

S

Sean01

You're out - now stay out - congratulations.