Off the Metformin: Diary

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Those were excellent readings after all those carbs. I understand exactly where you are coming from though, feeling reluctant to increase the carbs in case I end up eating more and then more again until I am back where I started. I am terrified of this happening to me now that I have to introduce a few extras to stop losing weight, especially as my levels aren't yet as low as I want them to be. It's a fine balance.

Reactions: 2 people

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I returned from my holiday on 25 august.

I waited for travel fluid to drain from ankles then weighed myself on 28 august. 13st representing a 4ib loss since 2nd August. Just a reminder that I struggled to get enough calories on my Turkish Newcastle diet on the second leg of my holiday ;-).

Although my leg isn't completely better, it's not as swollen. Today I restarted my usual routine of weighing myself at 9am on Boots, before having breakfast. I was very surprised to find I weighed 12st 10lb. I'll credit 1lb to diet but surely the rest must be fluid loss? I haven't exercised as usual because I've had to rest my leg. Who knows? I don't really want to lose so much in a short space of time at this stage.

Returned to work on Thursday and colleagues commented that I appeared to have lost more weight. I said I thought I'd lost about 6lbs but it seems I've lost 10lbs since they last saw me 6 weeks ago. I think 1lb a week is enough at this stage so I'm going to have to keep my eye on things.

Average readings this week 5.5

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people