1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Off the Metformin: Diary

Discussion in 'Metformin/Biguanides' started by peacetrain, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Guru

Those were excellent readings after all those carbs. I understand exactly where you are coming from though, feeling reluctant to increase the carbs in case I end up eating more and then more again until I am back where I started. I am terrified of this happening to me now that I have to introduce a few extras to stop losing weight, especially as my levels aren't yet as low as I want them to be. It's a fine balance.

• Like Like x 2
  2. peacetrain

peacetrain Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I returned from my holiday on 25 august.

I waited for travel fluid to drain from ankles then weighed myself on 28 august. 13st representing a 4ib loss since 2nd August. Just a reminder that I struggled to get enough calories on my Turkish Newcastle diet on the second leg of my holiday ;-).

Although my leg isn't completely better, it's not as swollen. Today I restarted my usual routine of weighing myself at 9am on Boots, before having breakfast. I was very surprised to find I weighed 12st 10lb. I'll credit 1lb to diet but surely the rest must be fluid loss? I haven't exercised as usual because I've had to rest my leg. Who knows? I don't really want to lose so much in a short space of time at this stage.

Returned to work on Thursday and colleagues commented that I appeared to have lost more weight. I said I thought I'd lost about 6lbs but it seems I've lost 10lbs since they last saw me 6 weeks ago. I think 1lb a week is enough at this stage so I'm going to have to keep my eye on things.

Average readings this week 5.5

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook