Oil the enemy?

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it depends on the individual and their response. We are all different.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry mate, but as you probably know, I have to be really careful what I put in my gob.
I will demonise vegetable oils. My endocrinologist told me in 2015, that cooking with most oils especially cheap and nasty oils, would have an effect on my results. And of course my control. Having banished these oils, not only myself but having passed the information onto family and friends, using saturated fats to cook has seen an overall increase in health, and because, part of the underlying causes of endocrine conditions is inflammation. And cholesterol results do improve when not using vegetable oils.
I can see the vegan members lining up, ah well! Helmet on!

In my working life, I used to ensure that all the oils used in a kitchen could never be put down the sink, because it would cause coagulation in the pipes that ran under my workplace. It had to be collected in the same barrels as they arrived and taken away to a special recycling company.
Didn't have to do that with beef dripping!
Apparently when beef tallow was used for frying a consumer group lobbied so that all these lovely fats got replaced with trans fats and now the seed oils. Apparently fast food uniforms used to spontaneously combust when taken for cleaning!
The other thing I remember Dave Asprey (he who flogs bulletproof coffee /MCT oil) is that our brains are largely made of fat and do you want your brain made of rancid and unstable fat?
I try not to think about this when enjoying the off fried item away from home and Omega 6 Apocalypse is hyperbolic but do think factory seed oils are due to have their healthy fats halo knocked off!

Reactions: Lamont D and zand

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know which I prefer....

Screenshot 2021-10-21 165743.jpg butter 2.jpg