1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Ok who nicked it, own up.

Discussion in 'Weight Loss and Dieting' started by [email protected], Feb 15, 2019.

1. Spl@

[email protected] Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Someone must know, my scales have been happily showing me around 78kg since Christmas, even thought I had got a bit back last week as I was (I thought) increasing slightly, more like 80kg. I have some old style scales, to the nearest kg is as accurate as you can get at best.

Today I get home from being a lorryist all week, (do the forklift carried with you thing so no sitting in clean waiting areas for me), first stop is sh, shower,and shave to wash away the week. Afterwards I 'weigh in' as it were.

75kg, (adjust how you stand and it could be less), where did that come from, best part of 10lb in a week!!

So, im asking again who nicked it, as I really haven't a lot left to give away, I was quite happy at 78 to 80kg. Being 6ft plus, down to a 28 inch waist, proper 28 too, I bought some 30" jeans at Christmas and they now need a belt to stay up! :arghh:

No matter, will look good on the beach in April.

Edited by Mod.

Sorry Mr/Ms Mod, cannot actually tell what you edited, whatever it was. It was entirely accidental. Sorry.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Deleted Account

Deleted Account · Guest

If you move a few weights in the gym, you may find it hidden behind them - you might have to move the weights a lot to find it though.

Seriously, if you want to add some weight, you could try bulking up a bit with some resistance training.
    If it is possible, you could look even better on the beach in April .

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Spl@

[email protected] Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Haven't seen the inside of a gym for 20 years. May have to think about it though.

I think I would struggle to eat more, bar putting slices of butter on my plate. Im always stuffed after dinner.

4. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I might have 1kg of it...

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook