Type 2 Olives

Bittern

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Most beans and pulses are highish, in the order of 20grm carb/100grm. There is variation so check the packet before use.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are kidney beans high in carbs then?

Fom the Tesco website: https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-...C3ow1qA5vZBE-ks-4UwaAv-REALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

upload_2019-7-14_18-31-6.png

They're a bit heavy for me, but like all thinkgs it depends how many you have. I'd prefer to save my carbs for things I might find more delicious.

You know the mantra,............ If you want it, try it and test it.

Richard'63

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Chilli is a great slow cooker meal, which I would have thought would suit your lifestyle perfectly, and the olives don't break down , unlike some pulses do.

I tend to use this recipe, adding olives, although I use my electrric pressure cooker, then leave it on keep-warm setting to "mature".

https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes/low-carb-chili-in-crock-pot-or-instant-pot-paleo-gluten-free/

First time I made i, I ws very concerned about the apparent lack of liquid, but it's absolutely fine, and very thick, without the use of thickeners when finished. I also usually only do half the recipe, and freeze what isn't eaten first time around.

Let me try that again.
do you use 4oz of fresh green instead of canned chilies?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Let me try that again.
do you use 4oz of fresh green instead of canned chilies?

Bearing in mind, this thread is about olives,I'll make this my last post on it, on anything other then olives.

Instead of red kidney beans, I usually just leave them out. If I need additional calories, I'll add some black olives.

To me, the red kidney beans arenot a vital element. The flavour, for me, is in the meat, sauce and spices

Reactions: jjraak
D

Deleted member 308541

Bearing in mind, this thread is about olives,I'll make this my last post on it, on anything other then olives.

Instead of red kidney beans, I usually just leave them out. If I need additional calories, I'll add some black olives.

To me, the red kidney beans arenot a vital element. The flavour, for me, is in the meat, sauce and spices
This is the same as our view, we do however put a small tin off Woolies five bean mix in the brew.

https://www.woolworths.com.au/Shop/...oolworths-select-beans-five-mix-no-added-salt

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Take a jar of green olives, drain them add strips of, or grated, lemon zest, cardamom seeds, husks removed, and extra virgin olive oil seal and leave to marinade for as long as you can resist them.

Take a jar of green olives, drain them add a mix of tomato puree, minced garlic, and extra virgin olive oil seal and leave to marinade as above. Sun-dried tomato can be added if you wish.

Eat with salamis, cold meats, cheeses, salad, and, if so inclined, a cold dry white wine.
They sound yummy think I will try doing that :)