OMG don't believe this, LCHF is amazing

Frances_ann

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Onions , Garlic , Curry
I have being doing some research into LCHF as recommended by a lot of you wonderful people, and had my first LCHF meal this afternoon of omelette made with three eggs, three tablespoons of full fat cream and a heap of cheddar cheese (yum) Two hours later my bs read 9.2 !!!! This is the lowest reading I have had since diagnosis in 2007 after a meal.

I must admit I approached the meal with trepidation. The old anti-fat advice is so well ingrained in us all it is difficult to believe that this works, but it does big time, and this is only one meal !!! I am really excited now (although there is a chocolate bar waiting for later) My plan is to ease into the eating plan slowly as I want to avoid the side effects as much as possible. Having a child with ASD means that I need to be ready to deal with anything, and can't be laid up feeling sick :) My son always 'needs' something when I am feeling rubbish.

But this one meal has filled me with a feeling that I haven't had since my lovely husband died at Christmas, excitement and hope (guess that's two feelings) and the sun is shining, which is always good for the soul. So a massive big thank you to all of you who pointed me toward LCHF, instant result, amazing. (And I feel full as well)
Onwards and upwards - look forward to feeling great !!!