OMG - I found THEM !!

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have to agree on the easy-ness of it all. It was Eddie and Fergus I stumbled upon when I first came to the forum and I got all my inspiration from them. In fact, I didn't realise I was adopting an approach to controlling my diabetes that is considered 'freaky' until I methodically plodded my way through all the posts.

Jem, I have so much clothing, a large portion of which I haven't even worn, it would take me three weeks to list it all! I am also an ebay freak. It's probably the addictive personality.

wiflib

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
hmmmm ... I'm guessing I'm not the only OCD sufferer here then - and yes, I'm on eBay whenever I'm here ...

knickers have started to fall off but not to 4 stone mark yet!!!

congratulations to you both on huge losses!

and thanks to Fergus and Eddie for saving our lives (and making us buy new clothes - hurrah!)

xxx

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
As a soon to be pensioner young lady, I don't take kindly to your remarks you shall be severely dealt with unless an apology is forthcoming :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Graham, founder member of the Senior Citizens Liberation Front

gillyh said:
I'm thinking of mugging pensioners just outsie the post offices on penion day. What do you think? Paper bags over heads will do as they;re nearly all short sighted. Could dress up as pensioners with wigs, walking frames and shopping trolleys. Put the cash in the trolleys and stop any goo samaritan following us? then jump onto the next bus with our old age passes? :?

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
mmm ok graham..sorry. Put a bag over your head on pension day so I know not to mug you!! joke! Mugging politicians is a better idea.
Wiflib....same things happening to me too. Sometimes the knicker ...not a nice sight ..but mainly skirts. I bought new work skirts in last 2-3 and some were tight. Not now. some fall down to my ankles when I put them on. So got to get the sewing needle and some side elastic to take them in. Was cleaning out hitches in garden shed last year and one old denim skirt fell around my ankles!! thankfully I was in the shed at the time. Sister fell about with laughter when I told her....embarassing or what? :!: :cry:

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Made me smile too!

The other thing I get wrong is guessing sizes. I used to struggle with things like hold-ups, never found ones big enough to be comfy. I bought a 40 denier pair from H&M last week. I guessed I was still a 'L' and it wasn't until I had to hitch them up under a table all night I realised I could have got away with a 'M'. Made the bloke sitting next to me sweat a bit.

wiflib

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
Embarassing at the time but funny later though :lol:

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
How the hell do you cope with knickers falling down inside your trousers though?

EEEK!

That was deeply uncomfy ... although probably prefereable to losing ones thong completely :)

xxx

gillyh

Dislikes
Imagine the embarassment!! Happened to me when I was a kid. Elastic went!! :lol:
Finding a lot of clothes are too small now and having fun replacing them. Not with expensive clothes as, hopefully, they'll be too big in the future. Hand me downs from smaller sister too. so doing pretty well so far. Got problems with water retention and, I think, thyroid problems getting worse. Must mention it at next mot with doctor. :wink:

Jem

Dislikes
reminds me of being sent to primary school with a charmingly uncomfy

knickers + tights + knickers on top combo ... impossible to get back on straight after toilet trips when you're only 5 but it was the only way my tights would stay up!

gillyh

Dislikes
Brings back some memories that does. Wearing tights at school when little. :D

VBee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Baked beans
To get back to Macadamia nuts :mrgreen: I found some in Julian Graves and they were buy one get one free - salted though. :D

gillyh

Dislikes
Is that offer still on? If so will be down there tomorrow night after work. Thanks Vbee :D