Omnipod bolus delivery

Postleneo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all... Just started on the omnipod and get more frequent connection to pod failures than I like... When the PDM is connected every bolus no matter how small seems to take an age to deliver at a guess about 3 to 4 mins. Basal seems to be working fine (I know due to the amount of hypos been getting) this is the first pod I'm using and have 1 and a half days left on it so am loathed to change it. Is it normal for the insulin to be so slow? Is there a setting to speed it up or could this be a faulty pod or PDM? Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks for reading

rubymurry

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have an omnipod and yes the insulin delivery is slower than my previous animas pump. On giving my bolus it was immediately noticeable that delivery was quite slow, but all pumps work in different ways, so I accepted that this is how my new pump is, so I do not think that there is anything wrong with your pump. If you are concerned, it might be worth contacting Omnipod and discuss this issue with the technical people, they are very helpful.

Reactions: himtoo and Juicyj

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi @Postleneo --- there is a setting for size of bolus -- the rep and dsn normally have us set up on the smallest delivery unit 0.05u -- if you move it up to 0.10u it will deliver quicker -- and if you move it up to 0.50u it will be lightning quick

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Each click of the pod delivers 0.05u and that can’t be changed or speeded up. It’s one click per second. So for big doses, it can take a while.