1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Omnipod bolus delivery

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by Postleneo, May 11, 2019.

1. Postleneo

Postleneo Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi all... Just started on the omnipod and get more frequent connection to pod failures than I like... When the PDM is connected every bolus no matter how small seems to take an age to deliver at a guess about 3 to 4 mins. Basal seems to be working fine (I know due to the amount of hypos been getting) this is the first pod I'm using and have 1 and a half days left on it so am loathed to change it. Is it normal for the insulin to be so slow? Is there a setting to speed it up or could this be a faulty pod or PDM? Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks for reading

2. rubymurry

rubymurry Type 1 · Newbie

I have an omnipod and yes the insulin delivery is slower than my previous animas pump. On giving my bolus it was immediately noticeable that delivery was quite slow, but all pumps work in different ways, so I accepted that this is how my new pump is, so I do not think that there is anything wrong with your pump. If you are concerned, it might be worth contacting Omnipod and discuss this issue with the technical people, they are very helpful.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  4. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Will also tag @Mel dCP who pods as well

5. himtoo

himtoo Type 1 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Hi @Postleneo --- there is a setting for size of bolus -- the rep and dsn normally have us set up on the smallest delivery unit 0.05u -- if you move it up to 0.10u it will deliver quicker -- and if you move it up to 0.50u it will be lightning quick

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Postleneo

Postleneo Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Many thanks will try that

7. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

Each click of the pod delivers 0.05u and that can’t be changed or speeded up. It’s one click per second. So for big doses, it can take a while.

• Informative Informative x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook