Omnipod issues

glavesr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all
I'm having some issues with either a bad batch of pods or issues with sites

Maybe 6 out of the 10 pods I have used over the last month have made my blood sugar constantly climb until it gets to the high teens or the low twentys I tried correctives after 4 hours it may have reduced my maybe 0.2 mmol I tried giving my self a tempory basel rate of 95% highest possible for omnipod for 2 hours that took me up to 19.5 mmol
I took the pod off and replaced. Changed sites It OK for the night then the next day boom same again next so I tried the correctives and temp again and older novorapid with a Oct 19 expiry instead of the Dec 19 I was using
same issue so the last time it happened I changed pod sites and the insulin vial again but this one with a new pod from the new Batch of pods and I've also used a new site above my navel and on my right arm after that and no issues so far
I'm just wondering if anybody else on the omnipod has had any simular issues in the past???

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
@glavesr
there was a mention on instagram by somebody saying it seemed their whole batch was currently giving them problems.

have you spoken to customer service. ?

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
There have been a few reports of issues with novo rapid over Dec/Jan. Someone else reported it and it rang a bell with me as I'd had high BG's for no reason, changed cannulas depths but no luck, only seemed to get less than 24 hrs good use or less from each cartridge. Moved to a new batch and hey presto no more problems.

Reactions: himtoo

glavesr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
No not spoke to customer service but that will be my next call and ill have a word with my doctor to ask about switching my insulin out for a fresh batch thank you for the responses

Reactions: himtoo