Omnipod

tircoed

Can anyone tell me if i can find out how much insulin i still have left in the pod,my pod alarms at 30 units and i know on the home screen that i can see when it drops below 50 units, I have checked the hand book but cant find any info, the reason i was asking is because i am now on more insulin so the pod is not lasting 3 days and i wanted to check what was left so i can time my pod change.

Thanks

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
this is going to be a bit of a roundabout answer -- but if you know the time of your last pod change -- you can look at total daily insulin usage in your records and work backwards

so for example 200u to start -- daily usage from each day added up ( and the total subtracted from 200 ) should give you an approximation of your remaining insulin in the pod

if you are worried -- change it out early -- it is only a few units of insulin and a pod -- your health and BG's are more important

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
the reason i was asking is because i am now on more insulin so the pod is not lasting 3 days and i wanted to check what was left so i can time my pod change.

Not sure you can get a precise figure, as far as I can see you just get rough figure on the Home Screen.

You can lower the limit to when the alarm sounds, my is programmed to alarm at 20u.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Meant to say, you can increase and decrease the low reservoir alarm, just go to Settings, then System Set-Up and then choose Alerts/Reminders.

Reactions: himtoo