On Question time tonight

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Adrian is definitely got it in for you today. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Anyway back to QT, never saw it but out of 10 on the Richter Scale how engrossing was it for those of you that watched?
I wish I'd have watched that. I have a Virgin Tivo box but don't know much about it, so I'll see if I can go back a day and watch it.

Reactions: 2 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Inno Adrian, she can hold her own, she might chuck her tarantula at you if you keep it up lol lol

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Never seen the like on Question Time before, it really did get out of hand at one point, I'm surprised the lady at the back wasn't removed from the building.

I've no time for either Russell Brand or Nigel Farage, one isn't funny and the other isn't a very good politician, putting the two together was a recipe for confrontation and I no doubt expect the producers knew that. In fairness to Nigel he kept his cool when being attacked by Russell and didn't retaliate, which gets a big thumbs up for me as you should never lower yourself to the same level as the person attacking you :)
The only thing that concerns me regarding Nigel Farage is, good or bad he has rocked the boat and many people take him very seriously. Therefore @noblehead I beg to differ and say he is a very good politician.( in the wrong party maybe ) :)
ATTACH]9361[/ATTACH] :mad:

Attachments

• 10690052_10152482210636636_2269560899813111267_n.png
    10690052_10152482210636636_2269560899813111267_n.png
    127.9 KB · Views: 210

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Never seen the like on Question Time before, it really did get out of hand at one point, I'm surprised the lady at the back wasn't removed from the building.

I've no time for either Russell Brand or Nigel Farage, one isn't funny and the other isn't a very good politician, putting the two together was a recipe for confrontation and I no doubt expect the producers knew that. In fairness to Nigel he kept his cool when being attacked by Russell and didn't retaliate, which gets a big thumbs up for me as you should never lower yourself to the same level as the person attacking you :)
I would pay good money to see anyone verbally attacking Farrage and the " swivel eyed loons" whom he represents! Russell Brand has just become my hero! Am now going to try and watch it on demand! Incidentally, has anyone read his obituary on Thatcher. It was well written and thought provoking, even though I loath and detest the Tory party and all it stands for.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/apr/09/russell-brand-margaret-thatcher

Reactions: 5 people
C

catherinecherub

Russell Brand has written a precis of his view of last night's QT.

BBCQT-488x240.jpg

I’ve just got home from recording bbc tv’s political debate show Question Time and if you saw it and found it anti-climactic, I know how you feel.

Nigel Farage in the flesh, gin blossomed flesh that it is, inspires sympathy more than fear, an end of the pier, end of the road, end of days politician, who like many people who drink too much has a certain sloppy sadness. Camilla Cavendish who I was sat next to, seemed kindly and the two politicians from opposing parties, that flanked Dimbleby melted into an indistinguishable potage of cautious wonk words before I could properly learn which was blue and which was red. For my part I sat politely on my hands, keen to avoid hollering obscenities after a week of hypocrisy accusations and half-*****, front page controversy.

Only the audience inspire passion or connection. Humanity. The usual preposterous jumble that you see in any of our towns, even if groomed and prepped by Auntie, they comparatively throb with authenticity opposite us, across the shark-eyed bank of cumbersome cameras.

The panelists have been together in “the green room” chatting, like before any TV show, and that’s what QT is, a TV show, a timid and tepid debate where the topics and dynamism of the discussion are as wooden and flat as the table we gamely sit around.

There is a practice question prior to the record, so the cameras can position and mics can be checked and the audience can practice harrumphing. In my dressing room at the modern Kentish theatre, before my sticky descent, I can hear them being prepped “ask questions, quarrel, applaud, keep those hands up”.

Answer Time.
http://www.russellbrand.com

I watched it and thoroughly enjoyed it.
We may not agree with anything that was said by anyone but it was entertaining and the audience participation was much better than usual.

Last edited:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The only thing that concerns me regarding Nigel Farage is, good or bad he has rocked the boat and many people take him very seriously. Therefore @noblehead I beg to differ and say he is a very good politician.( in the wrong party maybe ) :)
ATTACH]9361[/ATTACH] :mad:

He certainly has rocked the boat izzi, but his party lacks policy's and they are nothing more than Conservatives in disguise, except that they are prepared to swing further to the right than Cameron and his cabinet.

A good politician, I'm not so sure and time will tell if he is or not, but he is a character and you either like or you don't, a bit like Marmite :)

Reactions: 6 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I would pay good money to see anyone verbally attacking Farrage and the " swivel eyed loons" whom he represents! Russell Brand has just become my hero! Am now going to try and watch it on demand! Incidentally, has anyone read his obituary on Thatcher. It was well written and thought provoking, even though I loath and detest the Tory party and all it stands for.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/apr/09/russell-brand-margaret-thatcher

But the whole show was like a Punch & Judy show and I don't think Russell Brand showed himself in a very good light, he ducked and dived a few questions and was just determined to have a go at Farage come what may, but much like yourself Scandichic I don't agree with a lot of what UKIP stand for.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
He certainly has rocked the boat izzi, but his party lacks policy's and they are nothing more than Conservatives in disguise, except that they are prepared to swing further to the right than Cameron and his cabinet.

A good politician, I'm not so sure and time will tell if he is or not, but he is a character and you either like or you don't, a bit like Marmite :)
You have got my vote @noblehead,:)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I think Russell Brand is incredibly sexy.
There. I've said it.

My mum ( RIP) would say he looks like he could do with a good wash lol :D
He's too skinny looking, a nice bit of meat on a man is preferable for me, Only real redeeming factor is the shape if his mouth, like Johny Depp's, very nice and easy on the eye. That's about it :)

RRB

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
My mum ( RIP) would say he looks like he could do with a good wash lol :D
He's too skinny looking, a nice bit of meat on a man is preferable for me, Only real redeeming factor is the shape if his mouth, like Johny Depp's, very nice and easy on the eye. That's about it :)

RRB

My wife is always astonished how he gets so many women, far removed from Johny Depp as she likes him :)

Reactions: 5 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My wife is always astonished how he gets so many women, far removed from Johny Depp as she likes him :)
He's too narcissistic for my liking and his voice is like nails down a chalkboard but he is clever. He clearly needs time to formulate his views which is why I prefer his written articles.
I love razor sharp wit but he's too high maintenance. Preferred Robert Redford in his younger days.

dannyw

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Whether you agree or disagree with UKIP doesn't matter too much, they know they haven't a cat in hells chance of winning an election. What he has done though, is given the main parties a well deserved kick up the backside. He is a showman, a character, a caricature. Besides immigration, there is nothing else in their manifesto of note. I personally think this country has needed someone like Farage for a long time. I don't agree with his policies but he has made politics interesting again. When else has there ever been a thread on a diabetes forum regarding Question Time ?

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I wouldn't vote for Farage and his cronies if my life depended on it. They are a one issue party and it's not the EU it is immigration. It is sad that people are convinced that by voting for them the main parties will change their tune as they won't. There are no leftist parties left now apart from the Greens and people feel sold out by all the main parties.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Russell Brand has written a precis of his view of last night's QT.

BBCQT-488x240.jpg

I’ve just got home from recording bbc tv’s political debate show Question Time and if you saw it and found it anti-climactic, I know how you feel.

Nigel Farage in the flesh, gin blossomed flesh that it is, inspires sympathy more than fear, an end of the pier, end of the road, end of days politician, who like many people who drink too much has a certain sloppy sadness. Camilla Cavendish who I was sat next to, seemed kindly and the two politicians from opposing parties, that flanked Dimbleby melted into an indistinguishable potage of cautious wonk words before I could properly learn which was blue and which was red. For my part I sat politely on my hands, keen to avoid hollering obscenities after a week of hypocrisy accusations and half-*****, front page controversy.

Only the audience inspire passion or connection. Humanity. The usual preposterous jumble that you see in any of our towns, even if groomed and prepped by Auntie, they comparatively throb with authenticity opposite us, across the shark-eyed bank of cumbersome cameras.

The panelists have been together in “the green room” chatting, like before any TV show, and that’s what QT is, a TV show, a timid and tepid debate where the topics and dynamism of the discussion are as wooden and flat as the table we gamely sit around.

There is a practice question prior to the record, so the cameras can position and mics can be checked and the audience can practice harrumphing. In my dressing room at the modern Kentish theatre, before my sticky descent, I can hear them being prepped “ask questions, quarrel, applaud, keep those hands up”.

Answer Time.
http://www.russellbrand.com

I watched it and thoroughly enjoyed it.
We may not agree with anything that was said by anyone but it was entertaining and the audience participation was much better than usual.
Absolutely superb. Thank you for posting this link. He is politically sound and has gone up even further in my estimation!

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
He may be an ugly SOB and wear them silly tight skinny fit trousers but as Scandichic says he seems politically sound. Glad I had a Tivo box to catch up with. (that's another £20 quid from Virgin for promoting their Tivo box)...............Oh and there's another £20.:D:D

Hey Richard old boy, you owe me £40:D