Type 2 Once a diabetic always a diabetic??

Barrowbakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So diagnosed 14 months ago - went on lchf diet. Down from just over 17 stone to just under 13 stone. Last HBA1C was 5.7 BUT still occasionally get my original symptom of peeing a lot for the odd half day and lightheaded ness. Does anyone else get this?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Well done on the new you & A1c.

What are your day to day blood sugars like. Do you have a BG meter?

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Brilliant work with your control!

After personal experience of perfect control then things going wrong again, For me there is no cure, I think its like saying when I run I get out of breath, if I stop running I have cured my breathlessness, but if I run again I will once again be out of breath.

I think whatever control we achieved needs to be sustainable for life, we need to find a level of living we are happy with, whatever that means, its individual

Well done again, very well done

Reactions: Flora123

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
So diagnosed 14 months ago - went on lchf diet. Down from just over 17 stone to just under 13 stone. Last HBA1C was 5.7 BUT still occasionally get my original symptom of peeing a lot for the odd half day and lightheaded ness. Does anyone else get this?
What do your other blood tests show? Kidney function and b12 if on metformin?How does your blood pressure look like now? Any reduced meds from high blood pressure?

Barrowbakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Brilliant work with your control!

After personal experience of perfect control then things going wrong again, For me there is no cure, I think its like saying when I run I get out of breath, if I stop running I have cured my breathlessness, but if I run again I will once again be out of breath.

I think whatever control we achieved needs to be sustainable for life, we need to find a level of living we are happy with, whatever that means, its individual

Well done again, very well done

Thank you - a good Logic there

Reactions: Fenn

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last edited:

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Could you be drinking too much water?

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congrats on your progress!

My last A1C was 6.1%, and my BG ranges between 4-6 mmol. Yet still sometimes I get very thirsty and use the restroom a lot. I also get horrible dry mouth at night, even if I just tested at 4.8 mmol.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

It may have nothing at all to do with diabetes, but I suggest you test yourself when you start to feel weird and look at what and when you last ate, and how much you are drinking. The answer could be there.

Barrowbakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It may have nothing at all to do with diabetes, but I suggest you test yourself when you start to feel weird and look at what and when you last ate, and how much you are drinking. The answer could be there.

It tends to be before dinner - about 5 to 6 hours after lunch so in retrospect could well be. Bs was 5.6