One Month one

jimmysmith

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just realised it's been about a month since I started on the pump. My doesn't time go quickly? Set changes I've got down to bout ten minutes now and so much more confident with them. My bloods, while still not perfect, are consistently lower then they were previously. Started doing my Basal testing this week, gonna spread it out over about a month to incorporate the all nighters and make sure I don't drop dead from tiredness at work haha

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @jimmysmith I had been wondering how you were getting on. Like anything new it takes time to adjust and settle down so it’s good to hear your doing well, how do you feel about it now are you happier now than on mdi ?

jimmysmith

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @jimmysmith I had been wondering how you were getting on. Like anything new it takes time to adjust and settle down so it’s good to hear your doing well, how do you feel about it now are you happier now than on mdi ?
Yeah definitely happier, still getting used to it, like you say it takes time

Reactions: Juicyj
D

Deleted Account

Yeah definitely happier, still getting used to it, like you say it takes time
Definitely - in the first week of my pump, I threw it across the room in disgust.
Over two years later, I may have the odd moment where I want to do this but, if I have to have diabetes, I wouldn't be without a pump.