1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

One touch ultra smart

Discussion in 'Book and Product Reviews' started by diabetic_tigs, Jan 2, 2011.

1. diabetic_tigs

diabetic_tigs · Active Member

Hey
    I used to have a one touch ultra smart but can no longer find it. I remember buying my one touch ultra smart from boots, but apparently they no longer sell them? Ive been looking on the internet and not finding them, does anyone know where I can buy one from, or are they available on the nhs? For now im sticking to my freestyle mini but it really has nothing on my one touch ultra smart!

2. cugila

cugila · Master

You can no longer buy them, Lifescan will give you one for free if you tell them you test frequently each day, anything upward of 6 -8 times a day. :wink:

3. diabetic_tigs

Wow! thats ace :D Thank you for letting me know!

4. cugila

cugila · Master

You're welcome.

Forgot to post the phone number....... :oops:

Customer Care Freefone number on:

Call 0800 1691622

I have the same meter and it is just about the best I have seen. :)

5. diabetic_tigs

I ended up emailing them instead, but got a very quick response.
    Theyre sending me the ultra smart for free and are also giving me the ultra easy too (in pink :D ) which will be better for nights out as its small enough to fit easily in a handbag. Chuffed to bits with that!
    Ultra smart is definitely the best meter i've found, Its so useful with being able to put so much info and get a load of nice graphs in return!
    thanks again for telling me about this, i am now eagerly awaiting my new meters in the post :D

6. cugila

cugila · Master

Thats good :D

I am not on commission BTW ! I forgot to mention the small UltraEasy.....I 'blagged' one too, it stays in the car and as it takes the same strips ...no problem. The PC software is a free download. Great for printing stuff out before you visit your Diabetes Clinic. :)

7. anthonyghiara

anthonyghiara Type 2 · Newbie

Life scan. Are phasing the ultra 2 out in favour of their new and inaccurate machines. But you can buy them in the states from the Life Scan site if you can get them to sell in the UK.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook